The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New guy from the FB Group

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Lawton, OK
Hey folks, it's Robert from the FB Group, I figured I'd finally join since I'm in FB jail again. I'm in Oklahoma, and I own 5 Mustangs: 2 S550's, an S197, a New Edge and a SN95. As well as many other Fords including an F-550 wrecker that brings in the funds to pay for everything. I'll see you all around!

Welcome to the group, I bailed on FB because I was always in jail as well. May I recommend MeWe.
Good group here much more detailed info than on FB.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
FB jail. Never been there. Maybe soon. Lol

Welcome to the site.

We have a high tolerance for folks sharing and learning about their cars. It’s a great place to share ideas, experiences and grow the sport Enjoy

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Boone NC
Welcome! I got off FB a few weeks ago. Good riddance! This forum is much better anyway and less of a chance of going to jail. :)

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You'll love it here, cuz Okies and Cornheads actually get along real well on this site, ha. Noticed you put down W2W and wondered if you are running with NASA or SCCA ? Lawton is a great geographical position to be in since you are halfway from driving South to Eagles Canyon or Northeast to Hallett. Of course , Motorsports Ranch and Texas Speedway are not bad drives either. I am hoping to wander down to Hallett for the NASA race this year, so if you are running it could be a good time to meet each other. I grew up in Wichita , so my family spent a lot of time in Oklahoma , and one of my dad's first stations ( USAF ) ,many years ago, was in Bartesville. Everyone is super helpful here, and with all your Blue Oval Beasts I imagine you can contribute alot with your obvious wealth of experience.

Welcome and check out www.racemph.com for the " Fast Ford and Mustang Roundup " coming in September. It is a " Bucket List " event in the Midwest with 50-65 Time Trial Racing Mustangs, Ford Engineers doing Tech Talks and running their cars with us, a Car Show, dinners, autocross and more. We get many drivers from the States near Nebraska, but most years we have someone from across the US ---- in the past drivers came from Idaho, New York, Arizona, Florida, etc.

PS - update , the registration is not quite up yet for the Mustang Roundup , but it will be soon and ask the guys that have gone , it is a cool as the Shelby Event held at Hallett over the years.

Last edited:

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Welcome! Crazy backstory on "Snowball" there, I doubt you'll find anyone else with something similar! Now that you're here, you can go ahead and delete Facebook and never worry about it again. I did that a few years and the only thing I miss is the constant stream of car pictures.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Hey folks, it's Robert from the FB Group, I figured I'd finally join since I'm in FB jail again. I'm in Oklahoma, and I own 5 Mustangs: 2 S550's, an S197, a New Edge and a SN95. As well as many other Fords including an F-550 wrecker that brings in the funds to pay for everything. I'll see you all around!
Welcome Robert! Nice job setting up your vehicle profiles. We'll be looking forward to seeing the build threads get updated with whatever you end up doing with both cars.

I mostly only participate on FB for business reasons these days (and to point people to forums), that's really the only value I see in the platform now. I used to use it to keep up with friends and family, but seems all those I'm interested in keeping up with are only using FB as a soapbox for hot button issues, not to share stuff about themselves or what they're up to, so it's not even good for that anymore. It's more exhausting to scroll though all the clutter and noise to get anything meaningful from it. At least forums are focused on a particular subject that I can stay interested in for hours on end - a common interest that supersedes all the other BS and keeps everyone "together", regardless of their other views and opinions.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
Welcome Robert! Nice job setting up your vehicle profiles. We'll be looking forward to seeing the build threads get updated with whatever you end up doing with both cars.

I mostly only participate on FB for business reasons these days (and to point people to forums), that's really the only value I see in the platform now. I used to use it to keep up with friends and family, but seems all those I'm interested in keeping up with are only using FB as a soapbox for hot button issues, not to share stuff about themselves or what they're up to, so it's not even good for that anymore. It's more exhausting to scroll though all the clutter and noise to get anything meaningful from it. At least forums are focused on a particular subject that I can stay interested in for hours on end - a common interest that supersedes all the other BS and keeps everyone "together", regardless of their other views and opinions.
Well said.

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Welcome welcome. I only tend to use Social Media when I'm taking a dump, or I need to kill a few minutes here and there. I guess I'm now on the older side, but Forums are better for information anyhow, especially if you're aware enough to know that there's a chance your question has already been asked and discussed many, many times before and there's a search feature here that is actually rather handy. Come to think of it, I don't believe I've ever visited FB jail, but I have been banned on 4chan, so I guess that's kinda the same thing, right?

TMO Supporting Vendors