The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New guy looking for a buyer's guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cosm3os said:
Looking at Track Pack cars now. Trying to find a 14 with cloth recaros.
I'd suggest ordering one. Get the exact options you want. Only trouble might be if you want 'premium' options with the cloth seats. Some options can't be paired together.

cosm3os said:
Sheeet, base GT is more power than I have talent!

True for me too, but I'm sure you'll go faster in a Boss. This might sound crazy on a Boss forum, but test drive a manual V6 with Recaros too, if you can. I drove one a couple of weeks ago and was quite impressed with the overall performance. Enough so that I'm considering picking up a used one for my next project.

raptor said:
Interesting, did not know about the Brembo cars on ow similar they really are

They're still pretty different in stock form. And even with as many Boss parts as I have on my Brembo GT...it still doesn't have the heart and soul of the Boss...especially without engine mods.

It must be fate. Found the car I would have ordered from the factory--14, black, TP, cloth recaros (no premium)! Taking delivery today!

Thanks for your help! If you guys don't mind, I might hang around here for advice since you seem to be more in the same frame of mind as me when it comes to the use of these cars. Plus I bought a Boss Lite, right?

cosm3os said:
It must be fate. Found the car I would have ordered from the factory--14, black, TP, cloth recaros (no premium)! Taking delivery today!

Thanks for your help! If you guys don't mind, I might hang around here for advice since you seem to be more in the same frame of mind as me when it comes to the use of these cars. Plus I bought a Boss Lite, right?

Damn that was fast I just saw this all for 35K......

http://www.vorshlag.com/cars-2013gt.php

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
cosm3os said:

Congrats! Post up some pics when you're done driving it around!

And of course you're welcome to hang around...lots of GT owners here. 8)

cosm3os said:

Congratulations!
Great decision

That's a badass car! Bought mine through USAA car buying service and got a great deal with no hassle.

Got it home last night, parked in the garage and left for week long vacation. didn't even drive it home cause I let my dad have the honor. We did let my wife blip the throttle and we both giggled! Good father son moment!

TMO Supporting Vendors