The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New guy, Non-BOSS owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Welcome David, it's good to have you here and I'm looking forward to your posts and the expertise you bring to the forum.

I also want to say how nice it is to be associated with a group that appreciates cars, loves theirs, but doesn't stick their noses up at others. Before owning my Boss I owned another well known high performance car and participated in a forum for that vehicle. It was very common there to read posts degrading other cars. Being a 'car guy' I never understood that because I appreciate them all. It's really good to see so many here with the same approach.

I never felt really plugged-in to my previous car's owners' group because of the attitude so many seemed to harbor (not everyone, of course). It's good to be here where cars are appreciated for what they are, not just for the name or the logo that's attached to them.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
GottaBoss said:
Welcome David, it's good to have you here and I'm looking forward to your posts and the expertise you bring to the forum.

I also want to say how nice it is to be associated with a group that appreciates cars, loves theirs, but doesn't stick their noses up at others. Before owning my Boss I owned another well known high performance car and participated in a forum for that vehicle. It was very common there to read posts degrading other cars. Being a 'car guy' I never understood that because I appreciate them all. It's really good to see so many here with the same approach.

I never felt really plugged-in to my previous car's owners' group because of the attitude so many seemed to harbor (not everyone, of course). It's good to be here where cars are appreciated for what they are, not just for the name or the logo that's attached to them.

Totally agree, could not of said it better.

Thanks for joining. The E46 (had a 06 M3) series is the best all around car I've driven, but the mustangs are more fun than a barrel of Monkeys and I highly recommend grabbing one. On the track, the bimmers make you smile, but the mustangs make you holler.

Mustang_Mechanic

Ford Master Technician
further said:
Thanks for joining. The E46 (had a 06 M3) series is the best all around car I've driven, but the mustangs are more fun than a barrel of Monkeys and I highly recommend grabbing one. On the track, the bimmers make you smile, but the mustangs make you holler.
I agree that the mustangs are great to drive, but remember.....I am a Ford mechanic doing warranty work the majority of the time. Once the kids are out of daycare and the house is mostly paid off I will look into it ;)

cloud9 said:
Welcome to BMO David. If I could just make one suggestion, please disconnect John's VCT solenoids before we head to Road America later this month ;)

I wish I picked-up on this thread earlier as I am just seeing it for the first time today. I was at Tousley yesterday and once again David did great work prepping my Boss for RA next week. Hopefully my VCT solenoids are still connected :eek:

TMO Supporting Vendors