The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Laguna Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTRocks said:
racer91m said:
Well, I just got the new rear axle assembly, brakes, and driveshaft installed in teh car and took it for a ride. The car drove perfectly straight. After really looking the car over, I'm not sure why it was totalled by the insurance company. The damage isn't very bad. It definitely looks worse than it is. Headed off to our frame shop later this week.

All the tires on the car are in good condition. Those will be for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested. The LR wheel took a good hit and I already have a brand new tire here for it to complete the set...

Maybe Big Vito will want to buy it back from you when it's done. Pics detailing the repairs pretty please if you think you are going to put it back on the road.

That would be wild. But it doesnt have sync lol. I'm not sure why it was totaled either never asked.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
smittytx said:
PeteInCT said:
smittytx said:
smittytx said:
why..... because, race car

Hmmm...That made sense last night after beer and sake. :-\

Beer and Sake - Is that a Texas tradition ? ;D

I'm working on it. ;D

Let me know if you need remote help to cover the Northeast. In fact, I'll assume it given that this research is important and address highly critical data points. I will report back after the weekend... ;D

PeteInCT said:
smittytx said:
PeteInCT said:
smittytx said:
smittytx said:
why..... because, race car

Hmmm...That made sense last night after beer and sake. :-\

Beer and Sake - Is that a Texas tradition ? ;D

I'm working on it. ;D

Let me know if you need remote help to cover the Northeast. In fact, I'll assume it given that this research is important and address highly critical data points. I will report back after the weekend... ;D

Sounds like some very valuable research. I must caution you though; the temperature of the Sake must remain constant throughout your research. If you screw this up your data will be corrupt, which means you’ll have to start all over again the next day. Good luck, I suggest using female lab assistants whenever possible.

The car is still at the frame shop. The main structure of the car was amazingly straight. I honestly wondered why the car was totalled by the insurance company. The car is close to being complete at the frame shop. It require a new body side and a slight repair the the rear frame rail. The frame rail was crumpled a bit so we put a new end on it. I'll try to get a picture posted of the progress...

TMO Supporting Vendors