The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Laguna Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I expect to take delivery of my new Laguna Seca tomorrow. You ALL know this car. It will arrive sans driver door....
It is the infamous Wisconsin car...

We also have the Laguna that suffered LF damage and was auctioned at Detroit. The original owner bought it back and we are fixing it. It's going to be an easy fix. It's barely hurt. I think I hurt my Boss R more at Daytona during Test Days.

I also have some news that 98% of you will freak out about. We have yet another LS in our shop. We're going to completely gut his car and turn it into a Boss R spec LS. The project begins this week. We're going to film it (amatuer-level) as we tear it down and build it back up. I know, I know... WHY????? Because it's cool!

Well, that's all for tonight. My first post in this forum. Glad to be a part of it.

-Dean

Welcome to BMO Dean and great first post. Keep us updated on the builds. They sound like some great projects. Hopefully we can learn a few things from your Boss R spec LS build!

racer91m said:
I expect to take delivery of my new Laguna Seca tomorrow. You ALL know this car. It will arrive sans driver door....

We also have the Laguna that suffered LF damage and was auctioned at Detroit. The original owner bought it back and we are fixing it. It's going to be an easy fix. It's barely hurt. I think I hurt my Boss R more at Daytona during Test Days.

I also have some news that 98% of you will freak out about. We have yet another LS in our shop. We're going to completely gut his car and turn it into a Boss R spec LS. The project begins this week. We're going to film it (amatuer-level) as we tear it down and build it back up. I know, I know... WHY????? Because it's cool!

Well, that's all for tonight. My first post in this forum. Glad to be a part of it.

-Dean

Hey Dean,

I was betting that you were going to be the one to snap up these cars. You're probably one of the few places that could get them properly fixed. Please send me updates and pics on the repairs so I can update the registry with accurate info.

Also, for the Boss R spec LS, I would be curious to know what take offs might be available, if any.

Cheers,
Chris

racer91m said:
It is the infamous Wisconsin car...-Dean
He's a member here. Will you repair it for street use or will it become someone's track/race car? I look forward to reading and seeing your progress on the three cars.

Not exactly sure what I will do with it. I have many ideas and options, but it is likely going to be fully restored. I haven't looked it over very closely so I don't know how extensive the damage is. It actually doesn't seem too bad.

Current thoughts (in order of preference):

1) Restore it to street trim
2) Build it into a racecar
3) Remove powertrain and build a clone as a racecar from a caged body that I have. Then, install a 2011 V6 powertrain in the Laguna and sell it. This is odd right? But, I have a 2011 V6 that I bought without title from an auction and don't know what to do with it. One of my buddies came up with the idea and I am intrigued by it... You guys have also stated (in this post I believe) that the car isn't worth anythign with a rebuilt title so I am thinking "why bother".

I will keep you guys posted.

Dean,

I believe that if you can indeed properly repair the car, and fully document the process, (including measuring the hard points) most of the value could be retained. Given the amount of work you've done repairing other shells, plus your involvement with the 302R/S cars, the quality of your work would have more value than some random body shop.

just my .02$

Thanks. I agree, but some may not see it that way. We have a TON of experience fixing these cars. We also have access to the right parts and people to make sure the car is perfect. The guys do great work and I am excited to have them get this car done.

racer91m said:

-Dean

I want to come watch!

PTRocks said:
Dean,

I believe that if you can indeed properly repair the car, and fully document the process, (including measuring the hard points) most of the value could be retained. Given the amount of work you've done repairing other shells, plus your involvement with the 302R/S cars, the quality of your work would have more value than some random body shop.

just my .02$

Part of the reason salvage title cars are less expensive is that they are harder to insure (depending on your insurance company) and often times will not be insured for the same value as a non-salvage. Some cars are salvaged for things like theft recovery which may have not done any actual damage to the car, but it still will not insure for normal value. Plus when the buyer later tries to sell it, it will be more difficult as many people will not want a salvage car. I have no reason to doubt they will put it back together right, but I would not buy it unless there was a deep discount.

So make a race car ;D

welcome to the site very curious to see your work in progress.the way people are talking about your work id build it for track someone will bye it if they are looking for that type of car.

racer91m said:
Thanks. I agree, but some may not see it that way. We have a TON of experience fixing these cars. We also have access to the right parts and people to make sure the car is perfect. The guys do great work and I am excited to have them get this car done.

It doesn't matter if some don't see it that way. It would matter if most or all did.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
racer91m said:
Yeah... It was not intended, but seems to have happened...

I think a lot of us here would be interested to see any notes or pictures of car builds you have in-progress, if you had time to document that sort of stuff. The next best thing to having a race car is being green with envy over someone else's, right?

Are you guys trying to get your hands on the red 302 that was rolled and re-listed on ebay?

Well, I just got the new rear axle assembly, brakes, and driveshaft installed in teh car and took it for a ride. The car drove perfectly straight. After really looking the car over, I'm not sure why it was totalled by the insurance company. The damage isn't very bad. It definitely looks worse than it is. Headed off to our frame shop later this week.

All the tires on the car are in good condition. Those will be for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested. The LR wheel took a good hit and I already have a brand new tire here for it to complete the set...

racer91m said:
Well, I just got the new rear axle assembly, brakes, and driveshaft installed in teh car and took it for a ride. The car drove perfectly straight. After really looking the car over, I'm not sure why it was totalled by the insurance company. The damage isn't very bad. It definitely looks worse than it is. Headed off to our frame shop later this week.

All the tires on the car are in good condition. Those will be for sale. Let me know if anyone is interested. The LR wheel took a good hit and I already have a brand new tire here for it to complete the set...

Maybe Big Vito will want to buy it back from you when it's done. Pics detailing the repairs pretty please if you think you are going to put it back on the road.

Picts coming as the project develops. I just threw a new 3.73 axle assembly in there for now. I'll have a new LS axle soon. I won't really start detailing anything until the body shop gets cracking on it. I'll keep y'all posted...

racer91m said:

PM sent

TMO Supporting Vendors