The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Member, 1M to Boss 302

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just wanted to say hi. I'm a BMW owner(2x 135i's, 5 series) with a 1M on order. However, due to poor customer service from my dealer/BMW NA I started to search for another vehicle. The search ended when I read about the "Boss". Just got news my "Boss" will be built next week. Very excited!!!

My "Boss" will be my daily driver, sharing daily duties with my ZX-9R. I also hope to get the "Boss" on the track (1/4 mile and road course).

I am a detail fanatic(not a pro), so I will be posting pics of my new car prep on my "Boss" with the forum after delivery.

My past cars-
2008 135i (RIP)
IMG_0194.jpg
IMG_0185.jpg

2009 135i
049.jpg

Mods, what mods?
IMG_1650.jpg

2003 SRT-4 Mopar Stage 3
P1010094.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Welcome to BMO! Hope you're finding the information you need here and I'm sure you'll enjoy your Boss much more than you can imagine. I also like the fact you're transitioning from a BMW to a Boss. This is what the American manufacturers need, not just Ford. But you had what looked like some good rides over the years.

Thanks everyone...... my neighbor is anti-FORD(BMW driver)........ I can't wait to park the Boss in his driveway!!! ;D

BossJockey said:
AZBoss302 said:
Thanks everyone...... my neighbor is anti-FORD(BMW driver)........ I can't wait to park the Boss in his driveway!!! ;D

Take him for a ride in the Boss when you get it. Then see if he doesn't change his tune. ;D

Agreed! ;D

AZBoss302 said:
There are a lot of former BMW and Porsche owners buying 2011+ Mustang GT's and derivatives. Anyone that has driven one immediately knows the current Mustang is a world class sports car for it's price range and anyone that denies that is fooling themselves.

5 DOT 0 said:
AZBoss302 said:
There are a lot of former BMW and Porsche owners buying 2011+ Mustang GT's and derivatives. Anyone that has driven one immediately knows the current Mustang is a world class sports car for it's price range and anyone that denies that is fooling themselves.

My wife keeps hitting me up with negative FORD responses...blah, blah, blah. I know once I let her (if I let her ;D) sit behind the wheel of the Boss she will become a true believer.

I left a BMW 335i Coupe with the Sport Package to get into the Boss. Fact is the Bimmer is a better (read more comfortable) daily driver, but this weekend's drive to Montreal and back via Mosport would have outright killed the BMW. The Mustang just rumbled on! If all aspects of the "Ford Experience" were as good as the car, I think the previous 3 BMW's would be my last German cars and I'd be buying North American from now on, but sadly Ford needs to improve service, dealer knowledge and pricing policies to ensure I stay brand loyal to Ford. Still I want the Blue Oval to win, so I will cross shop against the world for my next car...

I've owned Acura, BMW, Honda, Ford, Volkswagon, Chevy, Toyota, Oldsmobile, and Mercury. From my experiences, I would rank Acura, Ford, all others, then BMW in that order based on your attributes of service and dealer knowledge. For pricing policies I would only put Acura behind Ford. BMW is still last in that regard. The majority of the folks in our BMW car club did as much service on their own because of BMW's prices. I was a diehard anything but domestic car enthusiast for about 5-6 years ( I even went to the BMW museum in Munich). But I have to say after I learned how Ford positioned themselves before the economy dumped, they got my attention. In my opinion, their cars and trucks are just as good as any comparable vehicles on the market. I'm in.

I agree with all of the above. ;D

Will I buy another BMW? Nah. My 1M experience has ruined my relationship with BMW, not to mention my 5 series resale value is crap(6 months that baby is gone!). There are to many things to argue/debate about what cars are better...blah, blah, blah. All I can say, I had an 03 Dodge NEON, I beat the crap out of that car at the drag strip, never had an issue. My 09 135i= 2 Fuel pumps, 6 injectors/plugs replaced, ECU re-program.

I look forward to driving the Boss and providing feedback on my personal experience with BMW VS Ford.....so far Ford is in the excellent category.

TMO Supporting Vendors