The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Member from Huntsville, AL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
......and Awesome Bill didn't have a passenger and a bum corded tire also , haha!! By the way , don't be hard on yourself, finished the car on Thursday , tracking on Friday, I would imagine, after all that work, 95% of folks would spend time learning , testing and dialing in the new ride.

PS - wondered what you run for tires and imagine they are on they are the baby skinny size?

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I figured you were on bicycle tires -------dinky little things, but so exciting at speed or slideways, ha. Remember one of my old buddies who called them brown streaks , because he said they scared the schitt out of him a couple of times.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Huntsville, AL
Initially, that was my plan. I had told my wife, Saturday would be 100% shakedown. We had 2-3 caution laps on session one. Everything felt good. So I dialed it up. Sunday I was flat footed on the soft touch most of the day. That’s another change.

Bias play tires rock, they really took a lot of driver skill out of the equation with radials. Of course they are faster, but they have to be driven straighter

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Bias play tires rock, they really took a lot of driver skill out of the equation with radials. Of course they are faster, but they have to be driven straighter

Great video!
Love the antics of the starter, out on the track running around waving the green flag as the cars roar by! If they did that now the safety nazis would be blowing a gasket! Man those were tail happy cars, or maybe it was just the drivers who loved hanging it out?

@PatrickStapler I just saw your post on the tire rack thread and was curious on your tires so tracked you down. Wow those things are cool! Your Mustangs are beautiful! The wife an I have been going to the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix and related events for many years. I think we missed 2 in something like 14 years - one for an out of state wedding and this stupid COVID this past. I have to tell you that the vintage mustangs are my absolute favorites. 2019 was the Shelby and Mustang marques year. When they ran the races at Pittsburgh International Race Complex the weekend prior to the Shenley Park races we were the first ones there and set up on the hill right above turns 1,2 and the pitt exit blend line. Hearing seeing those Mustangs go buy was an absolute emotional overload. It almost made me literally cry. No, I'm not a softy. It was just such a visceral experience. I will be watch all of your YouTube videos within the next few days - I better have a tissue ready - just joking. Thank you for sharing!

TMO Supporting Vendors