The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Member- Hello!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Michigan
Hows it goin everyone? New member and new to track driving. Always been a Mustang guy, though.

I just added my 3V swapped New Edge to the member car profiles and will be updating my build thread through the winter as I make more suspension and chassis mods.

I bought the New Edge in March of 2020, drove it at the track a handful of times, did one autocross. The 2V wasn't cutting it. Long story short I did a 3V swap (more details in my member car profile) to drop over 100# off the nose and get 100hp more to the wheels.

Here she sits. Dyno'd a couple weeks ago with the new engine setup and made 352hp/350lb.ft. to the wheels. Not huge numbers by any means, but not too bad for 285ci N/A. With the suspension/chassis upgrades this will be a very effective track toy. I have a FRPP intake and Accufab TB on the way and will post updated dyno numbers soon.

I'm excited to be a part of the community. Feel free to ask any questions about the car and if you're in MI or the nearby area, let's connect so we can hang at the track!

Brad

IMG_6762.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Brad

Welcome!!!

Nice project car. Finding a solid 21 year old mustang must have been a challenge Michigan. Being from the rust belt myself, finding a ride in as good a shape as yours is not that common.

Enjoy the build process and again, welcome to TMO. 352HP is a great number for the 3V.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wow, solid numbers on HP, and considering the likely weight of the car she should scoot. Have you weighed Black Beauty to see what she tips the scales at? Less HP , but less weight is often a surprise to folks with newer machines that have stout power numbers , but the car itself is quite stout ( read heavy ). Love the looks of your car and the wheels really stand out. Look forward to seeing more of your build as you progress.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Michigan
Brad

Welcome!!!

Nice project car. Finding a solid 21 year old mustang must have been a challenge Michigan. Being from the rust belt myself, finding a ride in as good a shape as yours is not that common.

Enjoy the build process and again, welcome to TMO. 352HP is a great number for the 3V.
Thank you! Yea, it was a good find for sure!

Will do!

Welcome Brad......nice ride.

You will find everything a track rat needs on TMO
Thanks! That's what I was hoping for!

Wow, solid numbers on HP, and considering the likely weight of the car she should scoot. Have you weighed Black Beauty to see what she tips the scales at? Less HP , but less weight is often a surprise to folks with newer machines that have stout power numbers , but the car itself is quite stout ( read heavy ). Love the looks of your car and the wheels really stand out. Look forward to seeing more of your build as you progress.
Thanks, Bill! Definitely hoping to have a little something for those S197's! With the FRPP intake and TB it'll do a little bit better, too.

I haven't been able to weigh it yet. I need to get ahold of some of my circle track buddies and see who has a set of scales I can use. Curb is supposed to be 3237# on this model. The aluminum block is ~80# lighter than the previous iron block. I've also done the MM k member and tubular suspension components. I'd guess 3100-ish without me in the car...?? The F/R distribution should be a lot better than stock, though! I'll share the numbers when I get them for sure.

Brad

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel