The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Member!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Texas
Hi Guys!
New member here!
I have a '65 Fastback that I Vintage Race and also did La Carrera Panamericana Rally Race in it (5th place in 2019) See Avatar.
Also have a 1999 GT that I race in American Iron (NASA) in Cota and in Mexico.
Last but not least...I take delivery of a 2020 GT350R Heritage Edition this Monday in Clarksville,TN (ordered in January).
I plan on Tracking this car also once it is broken in...my plan is to Track the car with the Carbon Wheels (and R7's) and purchase a set of Wheels for the Street.
My first newbie question would be...what are the exact specs of the original Carbon fiber wheels? (I did search but could not find it).
Thanks Guys!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome Crazy, and consider going over to the " Build Thread " and list all the killer info on your 65 Stallion!! I know I am not the only one on TMO really interested to hear about this special Pony , and I am sure there are some cool mods on it. Post about your AI Stang too, as there are a lot of NASA and SCCA racers on this site. The fact that you have a Heritage GT 350R coming also is fantastic, because even though plenty of us may be envious of your corral of Mustangs, we are also a caring ( and nosy ) group who wants to know all the particulars. You can get pretty detailed over on the build thread , but no worries , it is a great place to showcase your Trackstangs!!!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Texas
Welcome Crazy, and consider going over to the " Build Thread " and list all the killer info on your 65 Stallion!! I know I am not the only one on TMO really interested to hear about this special Pony , and I am sure there are some cool mods on it. Post about your AI Stang too, as there are a lot of NASA and SCCA racers on this site. The fact that you have a Heritage GT 350R coming also is fantastic, because even though plenty of us may be envious of your corral of Mustangs, we are also a caring ( and nosy ) group who wants to know all the particulars. You can get pretty detailed over on the build thread , but no worries , it is a great place to showcase your Trackstangs!!!
Thanks My Man I will!!!
I can give you a little advance on my '65...Roush 363 Engine, GForce DogRing 4 Speed and Reiger Shocks.
Still a work in progress but it is a Beautiful and Noble Pony.
I will add a little detailed Thread of each once I get the hang of the site.
Thanks again!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Drop down to the section listed as Build Thread , and then read a few of those who contributed there -- you will get that hang of it really quickly. How far North do you go to Vintage Race. Saw the Texas home listing and there are quite a few Vintage Racers ( primarily all Mustangs ) who come up to Heartland Motorsports Park ( Topeka ,Ks. ) to run with the Central Region of NASA. Quite a few of the cars are from Texas, so may see you at one of those events if you decide to wander North in 21 ?!

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Texas
Drop down to the section listed as Build Thread , and then read a few of those who contributed there -- you will get that hang of it really quickly. How far North do you go to Vintage Race. Saw the Texas home listing and there are quite a few Vintage Racers ( primarily all Mustangs ) who come up to Heartland Motorsports Park ( Topeka ,Ks. ) to run with the Central Region of NASA. Quite a few of the cars are from Texas, so may see you at one of those events if you decide to wander North in 21 ?!
I will do that my friend!
I race mostly in Mexico, we have a chapter of NASA here with over 30 builds and we race in Monterrey, Mexico City (F1 Track), Aguascalientes (Oval), Queretaro and Guadalajara (next year).
We have been to a couple of events at Cota (with a nice dose of whoop a** handed to us, AI barely keeping pace with CMC...lol). But since then we have upgraded our cars and we are 5 seconds faster this year.
I would love to do more racing in the US next year!!!
The '65 is purposely built for La Carrera Panamericana Road Rally Race but I have done a few Vintage races in it.
Also planning on doing a bit more Vintage racing in COTA with Crazy Horse!
Thanks and Stay Safe

TMO Supporting Vendors