The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Members check out the Extremely Track Specific Sponsors on TMO ---- you old MustangManiacs too, ha!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You have heard the names of many from Pro Racing or Exceptional Track Performances , and others are set up primarily to serve the Mustang Track crowd. Part of the reason I am suggesting this is because the site has gotten some new, highly respected companies in the last 6 months to add to the ones who have been with Track Mustangs Online for a long time. Unlike most Forums , the past and current owner have been very careful to only accept companies that are not just well respected , but that are super focused on track events, autocrossing, time trials , etc. I have found from being on Forums for decades that new members often are not aware of the many Sponsors on a site and that is due to the fact that often the Sponsors never interact. You will find many of the Sponsors here will interact on the normal threads and even update their experiences with their cars to illustrate what works or what is new for Mustang Motorheads! In the past six months TMO has added Paul's Automotive Engineering and Capaldi Racing, to name two super well known fast Ford competition builders. Over the last year Archetype Racing, South Florida Ford Parts, Forgeline and Competition Motorsports have joined the stellar list , but the key is TMO has only accepted high quality, well researched businesses , not listed someone just because they paid a fee. Surprisingly some companies have not been added, even though they inquired, this is due to the concern that whomever is listed on Track Mustang Online needs to be really devoted to the same cause the Forum expresses --- track/autocross/drag enthusiast drivers!

Many of us have been super happy , over the years, with Apex Race Parts ( they regularly post specials and give advice on rims/tires and more ) , Vorshlag Motorsports posts some of the most insane small books on buiids and research and development on our site, Optimum Performance has been around forever with tons of stuff and seems to be the go to place for spacers, hubs, etc, Cortex has their insane cambered axles and trick suspension stuff, KNS brakes has real stopping power, AutoBlip shifts you through the gears, and these folks have been here for a long time.

Keep in mind if you link with TireRack, Amazon, or Ebay on this site it will help out TMO a small amount , so that is an easy situation.

Just wanted to bring this up, because I was fortunate to be in the Automotive Business for over 31 years ( 27 at one place ) and finding companies that give superior service , help with advice, and are devoted to a specific area, can be hard to find. Since the company I worked for had a Motorsports Division, many of the companies here I was acquainted with, and it is easy to tell that TMO has been very selective and concerned to only work with respected and courtesy businesses for it's members. This is unsolicited, yet I felt with the tremendous influx of new members a post from a fellow member who has had fantastic help, advice, parts availability, etc. would help them see they could look on Track Mustangs Online first for their very specific track needs.

PS - and all you long term members, if you have not noticed , there are some new folks added to the TrackRaticus , MustangMotorhead Maniac lists on TMO!!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Bill

Great post. New members are key to a successful site. They bring new ideas and more importantly new cars to the site, LOL. What new memberships show is how the site is doing. Is it growing, has it become a good ole boys club where few new members check in? I see new members with new, and Old cars check in often. What a great sign of a successful site.

Vendors. Have I used all of the vendors? No. Why? Tough call. With some overlap and where I am in the sport, some fit my plan/budget better than others. Now if there is a potential sponsor lurking in these hallways, send me a PM. I would live to have Forgeline's wrapped in sport cup 2's around big brakes from AP connected to the best from Vorshlag and Cortex on my two Mustangs. How about power from Ford with a few Aluminator 5.2's?? Oh Yea. A can't do any of that divorced, I can do some of this and keep the love of my life happy. Decisions.
I have used most of the vendors on the site. One thing they have in common is they are in the Sport and the business. Each contributes with products and services developed from the "Inside". They are racers, builders, track folks and enthusiasts first. Where else can you find this level of participation??

Members?? The best I have seen, even Grant 302, LOL. (Who loves ya baby?) Folks contribute and for the vast majority we remember why we are here, to learn and share. I sometimes get a bit protective, overbearing and act with diminished capacities....It happens. Then I/we get back on track, pun intended, and get back to the core reason for being here, sharing, learning and in many ways learning how to enjoy the sport in a more economical way.

Glad to be here

Great posts fellas!!! I'm new here and can definitely give kudos to at least a few sponsors. They have been extremely helpful with guidance while understanding my plan. I personally have made purchases from Vorshlag, OP ( Optimum Performance) and Tire Rack. The prices are great and shipping has been spot on. It's nice to be able to go website after suggestions and select items with no worries. APEX will be on my radar for their group deal late March for my next purchase. 😉. I will probably make my rounds with the other sponsors down the road.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think it is tough for any of us to use all the Vendors on any site, but over the years on TMO I have purchased from Apex, Vorshlag, and Optimum Performance. I have had very good conversations with Cortex, KNS Brakes, Capaldi Racing, and Archetype Racing( have a reservation for a set of S197 canards when they come out ) and am sure I will be using them in the future. I can not even begin to count the number of Tires I have gotten from TireRack and I can vouch for Forgeline as an unreal company for forged rims. We used them almost exclusively for Vipers ( both racing and street ) at Woodhouse Dodge, Chrysler , Jeep and Ram because their service and attention to detail is killer!

I know TMS and I have bought enough Apex rims between the two of us I am pretty sure Cory knows us by name, knows our rim size and likely has our CC numbers on speed dial, ha.

I am very service focused because when I have a problem I want to talk to someone who has skin in the game, and that is worth a lot to me. That is why when you order something make sure you tell the individual you are chatting with that you are a TMO member. If you order over the Internet , drop a note if you can and let them know you heard about them on TMO.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Thanks for posting this Bill. Everyone knows sites like this can only be sustained with quality member participation and also relationships with other businesses in the market it serves. Support from our vendors goes towards maintenance, software updates, feature development, custom programming, server costs, design projects, marketing, and various other aspects of running this community. There's a lot that goes into this operation behind the scenes. The best way you can support the efforts here is 1. participate often and invite other track rats in to do the same, and 2. support the vendors who support what we're doing here. Let them know you appreciate them being involved here and their support of our forum any time you get a chance.

My main goal with this forum is to make a positive impact on the Mustang track and racing scene, to help grow the market through technical resources, comradery, and custom features that you don't find elsewhere online. Forums are a little old school when it comes to online communities, but I feel they continue to play an extremely important role in automotive culture. Our vendors realize this too and want to be apart of what we're doing here. Can you get the same parts our vendors offer from other sources? In many cases, yes. You might even be able to get better deals sometimes. But I implore you to try and support those who support this site/this community as often as you can. We are very selective in who we work with and we do our best to try and bring them value in return for their investment here. Every little bit helps.

Thanks everyone!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have used Apex, Autoblip, Capaldi, Cortex, HOD, KNS Brake, OP Mustang, South Florida Ford and Vorshlag so far. My only issue so far with any or the sponsor sites is with fraud protection software. I have different shipping and billing addresses. Different states actually. On first purchases I have had to contact the vendor to have the stop removed on the charges. Three different sites so far. Not their choosing or fault, just something to be aware of if using for the first time and delivery times are critical for your project.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I have used Apex, Autoblip, Capaldi, Cortex, HOD, KNS Brake, OP Mustang, South Florida Ford and Vorshlag so far. My only issue so far with any or the sponsor sites is with fraud protection software. I have different shipping and billing addresses. Different states actually. On first purchases I have had to contact the vendor to have the stop removed on the charges. Three different sites so far. Not their choosing or fault, just something to be aware of if using for the first time and delivery times are critical for your project.
For those trying to get an order delivered before a track event this is important to keep in mind.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Excellent post TMS, as I had the same issue with parts being shipped to my place of business instead of my home , but it worked fine for me since I could just wander down to the Dealership and pick them up even though I no longer worked there. Do make sure you get your shipping address verified and that is another good reason, in my book, to talk to folks, and often you can do that with the TMO sponsors!

TMO Supporting Vendors