The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New MGW Shifter Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCWALP

Illegal Behind the Wheel
I saw this over on SVT and thought I'd post it here. I hope that's ok. Does anyone know when it will be available and how much it will cost?

http://www.mgwltd.com/2011-short_throw_shifter.shtml

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tKoRWiHliJQ[/youtube]

Is this a trap? Lol

If im not mistaken this shifter has been out for a while now, and good amount of people on this site have it... and love it.
The price is also listed in your link, little less than $400

I think he's referring just to the updated shifter bracket and i dont see the price. I'm interested in it to reduce the NHV on the street.

Sesshomurai

LindsayEOD said:
In the video it says any 2005+ Mustang manual trans so I assume it will.

Cool. I have the hurst short throw shifter but it seems the bracket mount is dependent more on the trans. Ill try it.

darreng505 said:
Cool. I have the hurst short throw shifter but it seems the bracket mount is dependent more on the trans. Ill try it.
I think this is a really cool option. I kind of wish I could've tried it first but love my mgw regardless.

darreng505 said:

Darren, i think the bracket is dependent on the MGW shifter since it uses the two supports on the shifter, and not the single support that's on the transmission.

This is the bracket that George installed on my car. I am using the street bushing for everyday driving, and I am completely satisfied. Switching the bushings is a quick job that is accomplished by removing the cover plate and exchanging the bushings, so if the street bushing feels too soft, it can be easily exchanged. I look forward to trying it out at Road Atlanta next month. Based on the positive shift characteristics of the current setup, I expect the street bushing will be adequate for occasional track use.

darreng505 said:
Will the bracket work with any mt82 shifter?

No, It is designed for the MGW shifter only. Will cost $10.00 extra when ordered with the MGW shifter. May be included with the MGW shifter in the future, but for now is an upgrade.

Sesshomurai

NFSBOSS said:
Won't work with your Hurst shifter. You can use the Barton twin post bracket with similar results.

Thanks. I ordered the Barton one.

I installed the new MGW rear bracket and all of the NVH from the transmission is gone. Also, I have not detected any difference in performance in street driving. If anyone is annoyed by the NVH in the MGW shifter, this new rear bracket is the solution.

TMO Supporting Vendors