The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Motor. CJ setup. 555rwhp/424tq.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We're in the final stages of breaking in a new motor. A custom 3.700 bore fully race prepped Livernois longblock. Billet I beams. Diamond pistons. Custom springs. Custom rings. Custom CNC heads. Custom valve job. Custom everything. 12.5:1 compression. Bla bla bla.

We got 555rwhp/424tq on pump gas last night. E85 numbers should be in soon. As it loosens up it will make some more power.

All motor. CJ setup. Rev auto intake.

Should have dyno sheets this weekend.

Wow! Who's valve springs are you using?

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
DG#56 said:
We're in the final stages of breaking in a new motor. A custom 3.700 bore fully race prepped Livernois longblock. Billet I beams. Diamond pistons. Custom springs. Custom rings. Custom CNC heads. Custom valve job. Custom everything. 12.5:1 compression. Bla bla bla.

We got 555rwhp/424tq on pump gas last night. E85 numbers should be in soon. As it loosens up it will make some more power.

All motor. CJ setup. Rev auto intake.

Should have dyno sheets this weekend.

OMG

Look forward to seeing, hearing the new motor at VIR.

PS. Don't tell my wife what it cost!!

TMSBOSS said:
Good question.

Darren did you have valve spring issues with last motor?

Yeah. That's what prompted this build. Brand new race springs from MMR broke after two weekends. Luckily it happened on the dyno.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Absolutely bad-ass. Glad to see this is all coming together nicely after your earlier issues. Must feel good!

So far it does! But the truth is on the track. As the saying goes? Or is that wine? I forget.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
DG#56 said:
So far it does! But the truth is on the track. As the saying goes? Or is that wine? I forget.

Interested to see the graphs. I'll bet it's gonna be extremely fast due to extra area "under the curve" across the rev range.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
DG56:

Sounds like an awesome engine you put together and very impressive numbers. Do you happen to have any build pic? If not, perhaps a few installed pics? Would love to see your Dyno Sheets and rev band numbers. And that was pump gas!

What is the new red line, 8k?

Best of luck with your new engine and your 2015 race season,
Dave,
302 Hi Pro

Grant 302 said:
Nice.

Now go win some races. ;)

-DG team engineer

I have comp school May 1, but need new tires. :(

I will be getting scales soon too. I just leveled my garage floor with homemade level pads. lol
Then I can use your data, Grant, to finish corner balancing and corner weighting my car and your -0.45" passenger endlink adjustment. Soon buddy!
I have the ranger quick jack hydraulic lift so that's mandatory to do this complex process. Full up in 10 seconds.

diylevel.jpg

Here are some pics of the engine.

First birthday!
engine1.jpg

Still in its placenta
engine2.jpg

Piston bling (Diamond pistons)
engine3.jpg

Big Bore coyote
engine5.jpg

Ported, Polished, Bowled, Hogged, <insert term here>
engine6.jpg

Day of pain.....
engine7.jpg

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
hooray for more mmr parts breaking on track/dyno.

Makes me feel really great about my motor sitting in their shop right now.

Horror aside, that's ri-flowering-diculous power. I wish I could just check the boxes like you did for mega power and go to town. That thing has to sound gnarly, run like hell and just make most other cars wet their oilpans. Bravo.

302 Hi Pro said:
DG56:

Sounds like an awesome engine you put together and very impressive numbers. Do you happen to have any build pic? If not, perhaps a few installed pics? Would love to see your Dyno Sheets and rev band numbers. And that was pump gas!

What is the new red line, 8k?

Best of luck with your new engine and your 2015 race season,
Dave,
302 Hi Pro

8k for gas, 8100 for ethanol. We're working through a tune glitch at the moment, so haven't done E85 pulls yet.

ArizonaBOSS said:
Interested to see the graphs. I'll bet it's gonna be extremely fast due to extra area "under the curve" across the rev range.

Yeah. I haven't seen the graphs yet but the whole system is designed to rev up to operating range quicker (less valvetrain mass) at the compromise of some low to low-mid area under the curve. The bigger bore probably put that lost area back under the curve.

They were going to finish it up today but a tune glitch will delay it until next week.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 570rwp/440tq on E85 at 8100. Which is unbelievable considering those monster pushrod big bore GM motors (ZR1, Z06) can't even do that (or don't). They do have an edge in torque, but on track its not all usable torque anyway.

TMO Supporting Vendors