The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New owner! Boss 302 LS!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys. I just bought a black LS, #563. This is the one that was recently listed on ebay. It has 9,400 miles, the QTP cutouts and rears seats (not installed). I've had a mustang since I could drive. At 15 I started off with a '67 coupe with an inline 6 and a 3 speed. At 18 I upgraded to a '69 Mach I which I still own and is on a rotisserie in my garage getting slowly restored. I've been eyeing up the Boss since it came out. I needed to wait until my younger son turned 17 and got his license. I passed my Accord along to him and picked up the Boss the next day.

Wow! This car is A LOT of fun to drive. I know I'm preaching to the choir here but it sure was a good drive home yesterday.

I've got a few things to work on with the car. I pulled the LS splitter off because I can't get in my driveway without it scraping. I broke one of the support rods. Either it was cross threaded or I goofed and turned it the wrong way. The previous owner had the rear shoulder belts halfway installed and it looks like the rear seat delete is in wrong. Not the x brace but the other carpeted areas. Also, the switch for the cutouts was put into the console which I like but it's loose. I think the hole was cut too big. So, nothing major and it give me something to do on the car. It will be close to a daily driver. I don't think I'll take it in bad weather but I won't be able to let it sit in the garage all winter either.

I've been lurking on this site for the last few months gathering info and plan to spend a lot more time here going forward. It looks like a great source of information and you guys seem like a good bunch!

TMSBOSS said:
Interested in hearing about the Mach I!!

That is what I was saving for when I learned of the new BOSS Mustangs coming out, I figured with what I was going to spend on a 69 Mach 1 I could buy a new Boss and not have to do any restoration work.
I still plan on some day getting that 69.

Welcome to BMO! The 69 is my second favorite year right behind the 65. You'll find tips on posting photos and videos on BMO in the link below.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=212.0

Thanks for the welcome. The story on the '69 is this. It's a basic Mach I, 351W 2 barrel automatic. I drove it in high school and all through college. I did some body work to it. Lower quarters, lower doors, basically patching it up and not very well since I was young. After college I got married and drove it for another year or so and then parked it because the rust was getting worse. I parked it in the garage for a few years, moved it by flatbed to the new house and parked it in the garage here. I almost sold it a couple of times but my wife talked me out of it. I decided to get serious about the restoration about 5 years ago and stripped it down to the shell. I've replaced both torque boxes, some of the floor, both quarters, both door skins and both shock towers. I put it on a rotisserie to clean the underside and make sure all holes were fixed. That's where I am now. I'm working to fix some small holes in the underside of the cowl. It's been a slow process but I'll get there eventually.

Here's an old pic of all 3 of my mustangs when I was 18. The '67 before I sold it, the '68 parts car I pulled out the engine and windshield (and had towed away for scrap!) and the '69 Mach I.
Oldpic4.jpg

Here it is now on the rotisserie.

And here they are side by side.
39C3070C-609C-4D6E-A92C-C78DF55E5188_zpsjqqnssfc.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Cool!!

Most of the "Hard Work" metal work is done. Towers, Torque boxes etc..

Will you go back to the same engine or "Play" with power a bit?? C-4 or C-6?

Sounds like both the car and the wife are definitely keepers!!! ;D

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Welcome to the forum. Just picked up an '12 LS in Ingot Silver a couple of weeks ago. The Boss is a special Stang and is a hell of a car.

My neighbor just restored a '69 Mach 1 with a 351. Since it wasn't a number's matching he increased it to a 406 and cammed. It's beautiful.

Mach's are definitively cool cars.

Congrats of the Boss. :D

It was an FMX trans. I was planning to put in a T5 but since I have the Boss with the 6 speed now that may change. I will probably drop in the 351 2bbl I pulled out of it just so I can drive it. The down the road plan is to put in a stroker.

I like the original color scheme, red with the gold/white reflective stripe and the blacked out hood. The interior will be white. Originally it did not have the fold down seat option but I like that and have most of the parts already from a friend parting one out years ago.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel