The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New parts in route

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Finally went ahead and bought the T springs for the boss. I have that and a BMR Adjustable panhard bar, stifflers driveshaft safety loop, new lines for the morso air/oil seperator. the list of mods for me is getting quite long. so much for keeping the car mostly stock.....

Any need for how too's on these items? for me they are pretty straight forward and have done them a few times.

Justin

VTBoss302 said:
Hey, big spender... ;)

A write up would be the bees knees..

Glad to have you back online.

VTBoss302
lol I have been back for like 6 months now I think lol.

any part in particular or all of them?

Justin

F.D. Sako said:
spring installation DIY would be nice lol

i know its pretty simple, but little hints and tricks from experience could be useful.
yeah I got a few tricks I use lol. I am going to try and do it via video. I got a headband that you can put the replay hd camera in.

F.D. Sako said:
spring installation DIY would be nice lol

i know its pretty simple, but little hints and tricks from experience could be useful.

Ditto...

IF you have the time (don't go out of your way on my account)..

Panhard bar would be wonderful, as well..

I've got all the FRPP goodies awaiting my next lift.

Also, curious to see how you end up aligning everything.

VTBoss302

PS - Please don't take this the wrong way (I live on a dirt road) - Zaino - it's unlikely I'll ever have the time to use it ;)

Me too, I've got a mile of dirt to drive before hitting pavement, no lowering springs for me. I measure the time my car is clean in nano seconds, I enjoy days that it slightly rained the night before.............................God has a sense of humor!

Justin

BOSS BUS said:
Me too, I've got a mile of dirt to drive before hitting pavement, no lowering springs for me. I measure the time my car is clean in nano seconds, I enjoy days that it slightly rained the night before.............................God has a sense of humor!
I would move if that was the case for me lol if I couldnt move then I would have to leave early and once I hit the pavement pull off the road and ONR wash the car and do the same thing when I get home.
VTBoss302 said:
Ditto...

IF you have the time (don't go out of your way on my account)..

Panhard bar would be wonderful, as well..

I've got all the FRPP goodies awaiting my next lift.

Also, curious to see how you end up aligning everything.

VTBoss302

PS - Please don't take this the wrong way (I live on a dirt road) - Zaino - it's unlikely I'll ever have the time to use it ;)
I haven't put zaino on the boss in over a year. that being said even if you do live on a dirt road its still a great idea to put protection on the paint like zaino as a sacrificial layer to keep your paint from taking all the abuse of the dust and dirt....just a thought

If you lower the car you should really consider getting lower control arm relocation brackets. When I lowered my Boss on the Steeda springs initially I just did the springs and the panhard bar. The car lost a lot of handling performance because the rear LCAs were no longer at a good angle. I ended up going back to stock but this seems to be a big oversight for many.

Justin

WorldFamousZ said:
If you lower the car you should really consider getting lower control arm relocation brackets. When I lowered my Boss on the Steeda springs initially I just did the springs and the panhard bar. The car lost a lot of handling performance because the rear LCAs were no longer at a good angle. I ended up going back to stock but this seems to be a big oversight for many.
already have them and adjustable upper control arm and bracket. See my sig I have quite a few bolt ons already

Justin said:
I would move if that was the case for me lol if I couldnt move then I would have to leave early and once I hit the pavement pull off the road and ONR wash the car and do the same thing when I get home. I haven't put zaino on the boss in over a year. that being said even if you do live on a dirt road its still a great idea to put protection on the paint like zaino as a sacrificial layer to keep your paint from taking all the abuse of the dust and dirt....just a thought

There are a few benefits.

My view:

L1000724_zpse94d3ee5.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors