The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New personal best!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Had to share my results from last nights test and tune!
R/T: .402
60': 1.848
330: 5.186
1/8: 7.854
MPH: 92.52
1000: 10.134
1/4: 12.052
MPH: 118.12

I have never done better than a 12.2x, so this absolutely demolishes that! I "run what I brung". No suspension changes. On street tires.

I added a prototype blowfish racing part that made my power shifting dead nuts reliable, which helped me focus on the rest. I just can't get over how well this thing works! I will have 10 units available for beta testing by the end of this month. Can't wait to see other people's results!

Cool. This must be the top secret new item you mentioned a while back.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Brandon302 said:
In for beta piece. Glad to see you got a good time, guess my DWS's are no good for hooking.
Brandon, there wasn't anything I could do to "launch" the car last night either. Right after you took off, I decided to go off idle (gas and clutch at the same time) and that got me from pitiful 2.1-2.2 down to 3 back to back 1.8x's. Surprisingly, it also helped me keep traction power shifting 1-2.

Someone needs to loan me some DR's or slicks!! This thing is deep 11's with some hook!

Glad to see then you were spinning also, feel like maybe they hadn't prepped the track properly, last time I went I could launch at 2k and be fine but last night even with TC it would spin.

I was launching at 2100 and it was bogging down bad!
Too bad I didn't know how to change the launch control rev limiter at that time.

Steve, thanks for the drag racing tutorial and experience, which made me hate my shifter. Best part was my fail burnouts 8)

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
F.D. Sako said:
I was launching at 2100 and it was bogging down bad!
Too bad I didn't know how to change the launch control rev limiter at that time.

Steve, thanks for the drag racing tutorial and experience, which made me hate my shifter. Best part was my fail burnouts 8)
happy to help suck another person into the sport ;D
i will have you loving your shifter by the end of the summer!

pufferfish said:
happy to help suck another person into the sport ;D
i will have you loving your shifter by the end of the summer!

Wait a minute........I wait all winter long for summer to arrive, and now you have me wanting summer to end. Can you at least give us some type of info. on this shifter product. Is it easy to install.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
ha! yeah, i am with you! i want this thing ready now...but all good things are worth the wait ;)

it will be easy to install. hardest part will be getting under the car if you don't have a lift. that is really all i can tell you until the patent is complete.

pufferfish said:
Had to share my results from last nights test and tune!
R/T: .402
60': 1.848
330: 5.186
1/8: 7.854
MPH: 92.52
1000: 10.134
1/4: 12.052
MPH: 118.12

I have never done better than a 12.2x, so this absolutely demolishes that! I "run what I brung". No suspension changes. On street tires.

I added a prototype blowfish racing part that made my power shifting dead nuts reliable, which helped me focus on the rest. I just can't get over how well this thing works! I will have 10 units available for beta testing by the end of this month. Can't wait to see other people's results!

I just ordered a Whiteline insert from you. If you need another power shifting Beta tester, drop that thing in the box. I never take my foot off the gas.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Cy, your whiteline insert was on its way saturday. email me with your symptoms if you want to get on the beta test list. its growing on a daily basis!

pufferfish said:
Cy, your whiteline insert was on its way saturday. email me with your symptoms if you want to get on the beta test list. its growing on a daily basis!

I rarely lock out of a gear. It's more likely that I will do 2-5 or 3-6 shift. 3-6 feels brutal on the clutch. For the record, I haven't ran faster than 12.0 either. I have a buddy who does it routinely by riding the clutch on the launch. I keep messing with the launch control instead of riding the clutch.

pufferfish said:
the new part would help with that issue too.

Keep me in the loop. I'm impressed with your speedy shipping. I got home from work today to find my white line insert awaiting me. I showed it to my wife. Even she was impressed. Thanks again.

Ran a 12.5, 114.2mph last night, not bad considering the last time on the drag strip was 25 years ago. Definitely room for improvement.

TMO Supporting Vendors