The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New private track in Miami

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
With these mega high end tracks out there , I have a tendency to wonder about their long term success when they favor a niche market of only catering to the Ultra Wealthy. It seems the ones that have succeeded , long term , are the ones that are in a middle ground and cater to their members with a fun schedule , but also work well with SCCA, NASA, and others for track events. Many also work equally hard to set up private track days for testing and set up commercial , related businesses right on track or surrounding it. A couple of good examples I can think of are Autobahn Country Club and Texas Motorsports Ranch in Cresson , Texas. It seems many of the tracks, in working towards supreme exclusivity , forget that they need to entice new members as the years advance. I have a couple of friends who joined these types of tracks but found they could not advance their desire to actually race at what was their home track ,because of refusal to work with outside groups. It will be interesting to see the trend for the future, because it could mean even more road courses open up for many of us to run at. All said , the automotive Country Club or dedicated track membership is a great idea , with many at levels easier to join. Heh, this is no different than what our serious Golfing friends do, and often the price of admission is less than what they spend.

I am a Member at MPH in Hastings ( the Guardrail Club ) and it has a very reasonable fee , that brings folks in even from surrounding States.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Well, leaving aside the economics, the track itself looks like another flat wiggly track. To my mind these are the least interesting tracks of all. The really great tracks have elevation change and lots of it IMHO. Watkins, Mosport, Tremblant, MidOhio, Laguna, Sonoma, VIR, Lime Rock, Elkhart Lake, the list goes on.....those are very challenging tracks! Sticking an Indy car driver's name on it as an "advisor" doesn't mean diddly to me.

That looks pretty awesome. I've been to Spring Mountain in NV several times and they just keep making it better.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel