The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW PRODUCT RELEASE! Coyote Swap Power Steering Pump Adapter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
In my quest to swap a Coyote into my 2008 track car, I wanted to keep the hydraulic power steering rack. Its cheap. Its reliable. It doesn't respond oddly to stiffer bushings. I first saw the Ford Racing setup and thought that it was heavy, over-priced and has issues clearing in the 05-09 chassis. Then I looked at the PBH setup and while it does allow for A/C pump placement, it looks way more complicated and difficult to install than I needed...and A/C is not on my wish list...and it REALLY expensive.

So, I set out to find a better solution. I believe I have found it. By using the factory A/C "stretchy" serpentine belt, it doesn't need tensioners or multi-piece construction with jacking screws. With that approach, all that's needed is a single plate that spaces the pump out to the perfect position. And before everyone starts on the "I hate stretchy belts" grumblings, its even an easy installation. What the A/C pump lacks in the install, the PS pump has...a place to apply leverage. It can be put on in a few minutes with no busted knuckles or cursing!

The design addressed all my concerns: lightweight (under 1lb), cheap (half the cost of the FRPP unit), no clearance problems, easy to install. If you or someone you know is swapping a Coyote and doesn't require A/C, this is the hot ticket!

https://www.blowfishracing.com/home...cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=
coyote-swap-hydraulic-power-steering-pump-adapter.jpg

coyote-swap-hydraulic-power-steering-pump-adapter.jpg

Frank.JD.Perez

FJD Performance
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Pleasanton/Hayward, CA
Still offering this product or is this discontinued?

TMO Supporting Vendors