The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEW RACE TEAM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a good friend of mine ! Please support him if you are a race fan!
A real great guy!

Jan. 3, 2012
GSP Racing

GSP Racing Enters Pirelli World Challenge

Brooklyn, NY - GSP Racing announced its entry in the 2012 Pirelli World Challenge Championships with a GTS Ford Mustang Boss 302s, driven by Alfonso Perri and owned by Gino Lucci. GSP will operate with Capaldi Racing for the 2012 Sports Car Wars season.

GSP Racing will run a Ford Mustang Boss 302s in Pirelli World Challenge GTS.
“This year will be the beginning of a Life long ambition,” said Gino Lucci, team president. Lucci was born in Naples, Italy, and opened a auto-body repair shop in New York in the early 1970s. Soon after, he modified some cars for an up-coming movie with NASCAR-style roll cages. He founded a new venture in the film business and after 36 years, Lucci provides anything on wheels So far supplying cars for approximately 1,600 major films, and over 10,000 commercials.

“The thought of heading a race team for the Pirelli World Challenge was inconceivable to me six months ago, now that dream is becoming a reality ,” continued Lucci.

Alfonso Perri added: “The goals for this season are to represent GSP racing and our sponsors in a professional manner both on and off the track. Being that we are a new team I will focus on learning and delivering valuable information to the team every time I'm on track. I also hope to challenge for rookie of the year in the Pirelli World Challenge.”

Perri began racing karts at the age of 11, quickly moving to Europe to race on the international stage. He spent time in Formula F, driving for legendary prep-shop SRP, based on Long Island.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Ah, some NY boys! I'm orignally from 'Da Bronx', so I'm in. Best of luck to the team, I'll be on the lookout for them.

Very cool. Feel free to post a link to their website. Having an affordable turn-key race car like the Boss 302S has got to be a treat for smaller teams like GSP.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
And while $80K plus some choice options might not seem "affordable" to many people, for perspective, Rolex GT racers are typically in the $300K range, hell even the Grand-Am GS cars "sticker" around $130K.

And the prices above are entry level!!!!

These guys will be a great addition to the Mustang line-up! Stay tune for more to come!!! ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel