The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New ride..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked this bad boy up about a week ago. It has a lot of torque but doesn't rev very high.. lol
I know it's not built in the US but it's a Massey Ferguson, at least it's not made in China by the Wong Hung Low Tractor and Biolab corporation.
Now that I own one, I can't believe that I didn't get one 10 years ago.

20220228_142358.jpg

I have been looking at those. Which model is it?
It's an MF GC1700 series, that being said, you can get them with all sorts of options. This one is hydrostatic drive, 4 WD, with lockable front axle, PTO, etc.You can get it with a back hoe I think as well. Mine ran $15K.
I really mean it when I saw I should've bought it 10 years ago. I use it every week, and I only have 2.5 acres.

I made all the gates to the dog runs and gardens 50 inches wide so I could get my lawn mower in there, this thing is 48 inches wide so it can fit as well. Any place my John Deere yard tractor can go, this can.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have a JD with a 72" mower deck and a 47" snow blower. Great piece. Previously I had a IH/Case tractor. Lesson learned there. If you marry a girl off the farm, Find out what equipment her family uses. The "Other Brands" just wont do. LOL. It turned into a choice between a Green Machine and grief. I believe I chose well. Still have the JD and the wife. So far, just had to rebuild the gear box on the mower deck because the dealership I bought from "Neglected" to add oil when they assembled the machine. Maintenance on the wife after 40+ years.....still ongoing. LOL.

Last edited:

carver

breaker of wrenches
ontario
Picked this bad boy up about a week ago. It has a lot of torque but doesn't rev very high.. lol
I know it's not built in the US but it's a Massey Ferguson, at least it's not made in China by the Wong Hung Low Tractor and Biolab corporation.
Now that I own one, I can't believe that I didn't get one 10 years ago.

View attachment 75034
Nice Unit !
Totally agree, I would be lost without a tractor. I have 4 acres and use it all year around. Soil, grading the drive, snow plowing, firewood etc,etc,etc. Mines a New Holland 110TL . Love it.
tractor2.jpg

I have a JD with a 72" mower deck and a 47" snow blower. Great piece. Previously I have a IH/Case tractor. Lesson learned there. If you marry a girl off the farm, Find out what equipment her family uses. The "Other Brands" just wont do. LOL. It turned into a choice between a Green Machine and grief. I believe I chose well. Still have the JD and the wife. So far, just had to rebuild the gear box on the mower deck because the dealership I bought from "Neglected" to add oil when they assembled the machine. Maintenance on the wife after 40+ years.....still ongoing. LOL.
I know, my uncle in Arkansas was a JD dealer, I hope he's not too angry.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
It's an MF GC1700 series, that being said, you can get them with all sorts of options. This one is hydrostatic drive, 4 WD, with lockable front axle, PTO, etc.You can get it with a back hoe I think as well. Mine ran $15K.
I really mean it when I saw I should've bought it 10 years ago. I use it every week, and I only have 2.5 acres.
I am looking at the GC 1725. Basically a glorified lawn mower and wheel barrel. As i get older my legs don't work as well as they used to and it is getting harder to take care of things.

A crew guy I know sells Caterpillar tractors, the huge stuff like they use on quarries, he was telling me there is a huge market for the older stuff because it doesn't use all the computer crap to stay running, Before I bought the MF, I sent down to the local industrial auction, the prices were crazy on used stuff. I talked to my local hardware store that rents tractors to see if they were phasing out any old rentals, since I didn't think I would use a tractor a whole lot. The owner (a buddy of mine) set me straight. He said the prices of used stuff is off the scale and the only thing left was junk (confirmed by the trip to the auction) he said just buy one of these with free financing and a 5 year warranty, and that once I got it, I'd use it all the time.
Boy was he right! I use that thing at least 2-3 times per week,

On a much smaller scale, My Camaro buddy inherited his Grandfather's old riding mower a couple yrs ago and immediately fell in love with the idea of riding instead of pushing. When that old mower finally bit the dust, He got a new one with all the bells and whistles....(why do you need a cup holder on a mower?)......I know, I know.....for that can of soda, of course!. Son now takes care of my lawn with his huge Bobcat mower.What used to take me almost an hour to do takes him less than a half hour. It's amazing how much larger your property seems to get as you get older..........................................

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Reno, NV
A crew guy I know sells Caterpillar tractors, the huge stuff like they use on quarries, he was telling me there is a huge market for the older stuff because it doesn't use all the computer crap to stay running
I heard something about JD and software subscriptions turning people away from their product.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel