The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Had them installed today. The first set they had done with the GB accent. Handbrake also has the GB stripe, and the door stitching is all in GB as well.

Back seat
IMG_0061_zps27bd50c1.jpg

Front seat
IMG_0060_zps2c931c6d.jpg

Shift boot
IMG_0059_zpsf9960449.jpg

vista6019 said:
Pretty darn cool if you ask me.
+1. Was it a kit that you installed or did a local shop do the install?

NFSBOSS said:
+1. Was it a kit that you installed or did a local shop do the install?

They are made by Gary Disney (and Licenced by Ford, so official). They were shipped to an authorize installer. Now, they weren't entirely new seats, but leather ready to go on. They shop had to pull all the seats, door panels, shift boot and Parking brake boot out. If you notice they are all stitched with GB thread. Took them 7 hours on the install (which I think is pretty damn swift for all that sewing).

P.S. The original cloth was cut off.

Looks nice!! Can't say I care for the blue stripe but the Boss logo and stiching in blue looks great. The whole leather thing, or lack of, is what really bummed me out about the Boss and is probably the main reason for me ending up with a Shelby. Then throw in the stock cultivator wheels with what appears from a distance to be white sidewalls... Some of you guys have really made them look great though with the various wheel conversions. I am looking forward to getting a Boss someday and maybe finding some leather Recaros out of a wrecked Shelby.

VWGTI123

2012 PW #2558
I think it looks awesome!!! Makes your Boss even more unique. If you don't mind, how much does something like run? Can they do the recaros?

VWGTI123 said:
I think it looks awesome!!! Makes your Boss even more unique. If you don't mind, how much does something like run? Can they do the recaros?

Gary can do pretty much anything. I purchased a pair of custom leather skins from him to slip onto a pair of the FRPP cloth Recaro seats...

IMG_1416_zpsad3e8e01.jpg

IMG_1420_zps1a7be892.jpg

IMG_1417_zpse6b6d8a0.jpg

They are very high quality, even better than the factory GT500 leather skins. I know, because I swapped on a pair of the OEM '13 GT500 leathers onto a pair of the FRPP seats...

IMG_1322_zpse360a1ea.jpg

Having done all the work myself (including adding a power rack and lumbar) I can honestly say that Gary addressed all the issues I noticed with the factory skins. I added the OEM skins because they came first and I couldn't wait.

VWGTI123 said:

Yes, he can and has done Recaros. It runs about $3,530 depending on if you want the shift boot and the brake boot, as well as the door panel inserts. The gentleman who I talked to was Alex Mackenzie ([email protected]) who set the whole thing up. He was one of the trial gerbels, and they turned out awesome on his SBY w/Recaros.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
those look nice. sometimes I miss having leather. was that the price including labor? redlinegoods makes some nice shiftboots and parking brake boots but they dont offer grabber blue.

Justin said:
those look nice. sometimes I miss having leather. was that the price including labor? redlinegoods makes some nice shiftboots and parking brake boots but they dont offer grabber blue.

Front and back, shift boot, brake boot and door panels were a total of $3,530. That was including labor.

TMO Supporting Vendors