The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New shoes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,

Figured I'd share my new shoe choice! I only ordered two for now but the other two are right behind these (checking fitment).

18x10.5 PF01's from cortex!
ugavavyh.jpg

I plan on running bfg rivals and I'm so ready to get them on!

Thanks
Kody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I look forward to your impressions of the Rival's. I've decided to go with NT01's this year but if I didn't go with R comps I was going to try the Rival's.

I really thought about 01's but I don't get to the track as much as I'd like to so I didn't see them being my best choice.

drano38

Wayne
Those look sweet!
I'll get Hankook RS3 or Rivals for this season, and haven't decided--but I'm leaning toward Rivals in 275 width for my Ekei 9.5" wheels.

How soon will you be on track with the Rival's so we can get some gouge on them?

I went with the rivals over the RS3's simply cuz I wanna run a 315 on all four corners.

And as far as track time I honestly don't know, I've been extremely busy at work lately and have not had much free time.

Lol! I'm ready to get them on but I'm not ready to spend the rest of the cash to finish this purchase off!

I'm prolly gonna order the rest of the wheels and tires tonight or tomorrow.

And no I'm not running their suspension yet, I was told by Filip that I can run 315's with a spacer and some pretty good camber, but coilovers are coming shortly!

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Good looking wheel, so you have ordered two. I will assume the rear, please update us with front and rear specs ,off sets and any spacers required. 315s will be trick. Pictures are good.

These two are the front, I bought them separate to figure out how much spacer is needed. And they 47mm offset. I'll prolly slap a rim on Sunday to check everything out.

Hey guys,

I'm gonna be test fitting the wheels today, so I'll be sure to get pics, but all week I've been telling the guys at work about how wide these things are! And just to give you an idea of how wide these are!

y6adu7am.jpg8y3abebu.jpg

I might have to buy those off you! Filip have me a mm part number for some spacers but I can't remember the width of them.

Well it looks like I'll need a 1/2" spacer for the front for now. And I SHOULD be able to fit a 315. It's gonna damn tight but it seems possible on the stock struts. They may poke just a little in the front but not crazy.

Front

abu7uba8.jpg
ery9a8e5.jpg

Rear

anyjy9as.jpg
a8e7aqug.jpg
deju7y2u.jpg
qe4y8ubu.jpg

And just another size comparison.
Old wheel and tire 275/35/19 on a 9.5" wheel.

yzy3ave3.jpg

Are those the +47 or +38s? The +38s fit fine in the rear with 315s and without a spacer but stick out a bit. I think the +47s will fit just fine in the rear without a spacer. I'm guessing a +47 would need at least a 1/2" in the front. I'm going to test fit my 18 x 10.5 +38s with a 315 up front using a 1/4" spacer once it warms back above zero.

These are +47's, they fit perfectly in the back and the front will need at least a 1/2" to be comfortable. I chose the +47 so I could rotate the tires.

Tires and wheels are ordered!! Now to get my spacers and arp studs.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
kody said:
Tires and wheels are ordered!! Now to get my spacers and arp studs.

Are you installing the studs or getting new hubs with the studs pre-installed? How much camber are you running and does it look like it would still tuck under the fender?

That's still up in the air, I'm kinda leaning towards just installing the studs myself to save some money.

And right now I'm at 1.6 degrees with my nittos but I think to tuck the new tires a little more I'm gonna go to 2.0 and just rotate them way more frequently. And it should just barely tuck from what it looks like.

TMO Supporting Vendors