The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New speakers on order today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racered302 said:
I've got the JL C3's up front with the tweeters in the "A" pillars and Pioneers 6805's, I think, in the rear.A subwoofer is a must if your on the hwy because the low end base gets canceled out and the 5x7 can't keep up. Just speaking from experience. Went down this road last year. Still tuning by the way.I'm never satisfied.

MTX Thunderform fits snuggly in the rear passinger fender, sounds good, and it won't cost a thousand + like the JL.

How do you like the c3 ? I was going to go with them but my friend decided I needed the c5 being I have 150 watt to them each. The funny thing is I hardly even use the radio.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Eric said:
Any gouge on installing rear speaker on a 2013?
Thanks
R
Eric

Eric

Did this install yesterday. Straight forward.

You will need to remove the rear seat bottom, the left and right side panels and the package shelf/rear deck panel and then the speakers.

Remove or pull up the rear of the sill plates for clearance to remove side panels. Then remove the rear seat bottom, two small levers/handles in front of seat. Pull out the two side panels after removong the three push pun/fasteners. One lower front near the floor carpet, one at the top of the side panel near top pf panel in opening to trunk and one below this which fatens the panel to trunk bottom. Panel then pulle out. After removing both side panels the package tray has 4 fasteners, two under each eat belt. Remove these and the package tray pulls forward and out. Speakers are attached by 4 6mm headed screws. Remove screws and unplug the speakers. Replace in reverse.

"Gouge"?? USMC?

Good luck :)

jeepinocala said:
racered302 said:
I've got the JL C3's up front with the tweeters in the "A" pillars and Pioneers 6805's, I think, in the rear.A subwoofer is a must if your on the hwy because the low end base gets canceled out and the 5x7 can't keep up. Just speaking from experience. Went down this road last year. Still tuning by the way.I'm never satisfied.

MTX Thunderform fits snuggly in the rear passinger fender, sounds good, and it won't cost a thousand + like the JL.

How do you like the c3 ? I was going to go with them but my friend decided I needed the c5 being I have 150 watt to them each. The funny thing is I hardly even use the radio.

I've got 125w to each but when you do your amp you need to adjust it so you don't blow it. Set the Head unit 3/4 volume, set the amp input to the lowest level, adjust the amp until it starts to distort then back it off until it's clean. That gives enough margin of error on the head unit so you don't blow the speakers I'm not sure how loud you like it but mine goes plenty loud before I hit 125w.Also the C3 sound good in my car but I can't say whether or not the C5 sound better.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
This thread reminds me that I need to post up all the pix I took during my amp install, I think I already posted my speaker install on another forum and posted the link.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
TMSBOSS said:
Eric said:
Thanks
R
Eric

Eric

You will need to remove the rear seat bottom, the left and right side panels and the package shelf/rear deck panel and then the speakers.

Remove or pull up the rear of the sill plates for clearance to remove side panels. Then remove the rear seat bottom, two small levers/handles in front of seat. Pull out the two side panels after removong the three push pun/fasteners. One lower front near the floor carpet, one at the top of the side panel near top pf panel in opening to trunk and one below this which fatens the panel to trunk bottom. Panel then pulle out. After removing both side panels the package tray has 4 fasteners, two under each eat belt. Remove these and the package tray pulls forward and out. Speakers are attached by 4 6mm headed screws. Remove screws and unplug the speakers. Replace in reverse.

"Gouge"?? USMC?

No need to remove all that.
545415_474524922580084_675082954_n.jpg

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Justin said:
TMSBOSS said:
Eric said:
Thanks
R
Eric

Eric

"Gouge"?? USMC?

No need to remove all that.
545415_474524922580084_675082954_n.jpg

Considered "Working" the package tray out. Decided against it. 10 minutes work to remve the side panels. Tearing the tray would have been bad.

:D

Justin

its pretty sturdy. I think the rear took me all of 15 mins. the front doors took me 20 mins a door. I just pulled the side panels in towards the center and it went right over the top.

Justin

oh and I didnt use a tool to pry the plastic clips out just a tug is all it took. that deck lid is about 400 times easier to take out than the one on my 96 cobra was (was chasing a rattle)

Justin

I ordered the speakers through crutchfield. Great company. ordered it then got an email every time that package did something. then an email to tell me it was delivered. Came with instructions and wiring to plug right into the factory harness. I could have gotten them cheaper probably on ebay but they are right in VA and it was here the next day which is awesome.

JL Audio System

This week I am having a JL system installed in a 2013 Boss (RR). I am doing the C3-570's front and back (2 pairs), JL stealth box (13.5" sub), JL HD 5 channel amp, and Audison Bit 10 sound processor. The goal is to leave the factory stereo and hands free functionality in place + a discreet looking set up. The company doing the install comes highly recommended so I am hopeful they won't hack the car apart. Does anyone else have experience with the JL stealth or the Audison bit ten? Any additional feedback on the midrange?

The information posted here was helpful - thx everyone!

Still waiting for equipment on order but nonetheless - it is in a climate controlled space (showroom).

394945_453531964713995_182389918_n.png

As soon as it comes home I will post some pics of the install.

jneuman said:
Still waiting for equipment on order but nonetheless - it is in a climate controlled space (showroom).

394945_453531964713995_182389918_n.png

As soon as it comes home I will post some pics of the install.

Please do. I'm very Interested in your thoughts.
Thanks, Mike

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Today I received a Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH 7" Touchscreen In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with four Pioneer TSD6802R 6 X 8 2-Way 260 Watt Speakers, a Metra 72-5600 Speaker Adapter cable as well as the Metra 99-5823CH Dash Kit and a Pioneer CD-IU51V AV iPod/iPhone Cable that I will run through to the glove box.

I will attempt to install all of this on my 2012 Boss this weekend. So if anyone hears any foul-mouthed thunder rolling down from the Rock Mountains, pay no heed, for it is just this old Raggedy Man is just wallowing in self inflicted punishment.

TymeSlayer said:
Today I received a Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH 7" Touchscreen In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with four Pioneer TSD6802R 6 X 8 2-Way 260 Watt Speakers, a Metra 72-5600 Speaker Adapter cable as well as the Metra 99-5823CH Dash Kit and a Pioneer CD-IU51V AV iPod/iPhone Cable that I will run through to the glove box.

I will attempt to install all of this on my 2012 Boss this weekend. So if anyone hears any foul-mouthed thunder rolling down from the Rock Mountains, pay no heed, for it is just this old Raggedy Man is just wallowing in self inflicted punishment.

Easy install up front, in the back, well, I wish you good luck. You might want to find a radio - factory wiring harness adapter. It's plug and play if you get the right one. Best Buy sell's a universal one so you don't have to chop up the OEM one.

Insert images didn't work .... sorry folks.

Just got the car back from Automotive Concepts https://www.facebook.com/automotiveconceptsmn

The sound system is out of this world - it is loud, crisp, and the JL sub is tight - hits hard, and is very responsive. The midrange is crystal clear and louder than I expected. Midrange were factory replacement, the JL stealth takes up very little room, and the amp & audio processor are installed in the spare wheel cavity.

When I drove it away I noticed a raspy static like sound coming from the driver side door when the volume was all the way down. Took it back to AC and the audio technician was able to pinpoint the sound - it was the metal 'Powered by Ford' plate in the bottom of the door jam. He put a small piece of foam under it and the problem was solved. This must have come from more vibration in the car since the exhaust limiter plates were removed.

773612_10200396192578108_488719402_o.jpg

798399_10200396192858115_1822091286_o.jpg

774390_10200396192778113_423531211_o.jpg

798169_10200396193138122_374416167_o.jpg

740145_10200396193258125_373077460_o.jpg

793786_10200396193658135_20328987_o.jpg

775653_10200396193698136_1373453721_o.jpg

775049_10200396193858140_318487793_o.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/774333_10200396194178148_1628049962_o.jpg/img]

[img]https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/798278_10200396194098146_1893162948_o.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel