The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New speakers on order today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

racered302 said:
apillartweeter_zps03bc22ba.jpg

It looks as factory as the color match does in this pic. "This pic is like the one that shows a pimple under the skin". Actually no one knows it's not factory. I think it's about $140 for new "A" pillars.

That looks very nicely done. Can you elaborate on the wiring from the amp to the crossover. Where did you splice into the stock wire to hook up the 5 1/4 on the door?

The crossovers are tuck up in the front center console under the radio, back by the floor heater ducting. I picked up an adapter cable to tap into the speaker connector to the door speakers and did a separate run for the tweeters in the "A" pillars.

racered302 said:
That short of a run I don't think you want to go through the trouble of modifying the connector to get a piece of monster cable in the door. I have the JL audio C3 installed in mine, ran the heavy speaker cable from the amp to the crossovers in the center console then out to the front speakers using the factory wiring, I like to crank it up every now and then and have been complimented on the sound many times.

Can you give me a link to the adapter you mentioned earlier. I guess you spliced into the wire that lead into the door speakers and the adapter allows you to do that?

I picked up from Bestbuys a couple of years ago, I have no idea what the part number is. The breaks out power and speakers, if recall you might have move a pin or 2 but they come right out when you slid the retainer out,

TMO Supporting Vendors