The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New stuff coming!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pulled the trigger today and ordered the LS rear seat delete from Levittown Ford and new speakers from Sonic. Got a pair of the JL C5-570x's coming for the front and C2-570x's for the rear. Hurry up truck! Next on the list is the Cooltech Roll cage. I was gonna order it last week, but Kendall never answered my email asking how to order/pay.

Oh, has anybody seen this yet? New install kit coming from ADS for Kenwood stereos. Announced at CES in January. Should be out sometime around JAN 2014! ;D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-ch-fea&v=E6yFi_xZ0Ps

Shawn

I'm surprised no one commented on the link to the new stereo install kit coming from ADS/Kenwood. Not sure that I like the HVAC controls being in the head unit but at least it gets the unit higher in the dash.

Got the rear seat delete kit installed. Not difficult but just a tedious PITA. Looks fantastic though.

The JL speakers sound amazing! I highly recommend them. Now I just have to decide whether to replace the head unit or go with an MS-8 to integrate with the factory system.

Shawn

zzyzx

Steve
CPTMac689 said:
I'm surprised no one commented on the link to the new stereo install kit coming from ADS/Kenwood.

I believe most people here consider the side pipe restrictor delete and new axle backs as the most important upgrades to the soundtrack. :)

CPTMac689 said:
I'm surprised no one commented on the link to the new stereo install kit coming from ADS/Kenwood.

Unsure why you would need a better stereo than the stock one in a race car but to each his own I guess.

NJ
Unsure why you would need a better stereo than the stock one in a race car but to each his own I guess

Not sure if any actually watched the video but this HU/kit will also provide a custom display where various ODB2 data can be displayed along with tire pressures, etc. That was very cool.

I have the 570's are they are a huge improvement over stock once broken in a little. The Steathbox kit really complements these but of course you'd be adding 33lbs to your racecar (plus amp) which would offend many:)

CPTMac689 said:
I'm surprised no one commented on the link to the new stereo install kit coming from ADS/Kenwood. Not sure that I like the HVAC controls being in the head unit but at least it gets the unit higher in the dash.

Got the rear seat delete kit installed. Not difficult but just a tedious PITA. Looks fantastic though.

The JL speakers sound amazing! I highly recommend them. Now I just have to decide whether to replace the head unit or go with an MS-8 to integrate with the factory system.

Shawn

I have new HU and the MS-8 and it sounds great. The MS-8 does a good job adjusting timing for the interior. I ended up putting the tweeters from my JL's in the a-pillars and it opened up the whole sound stage. No regrets, especially on long road trips.

@Jeff: it's surprisingly not much louder, if at all. I really can't tell any difference. I think that is mainly because with the side pipe restrictions removed the most notable noise seems to come from the sides, not the rear.

@NewBossowner: I like cars, I like music. Historically they have tended to go together. I don't really see any conflict with replacing cheap speakers for higher quality. Or have you removed your entire stereo system to squeeze out that last .001 second per lap? ;D

@zzyxx: Yes, axle backs are on the short list. However, I think that the Tiger hood will be next as I am a little concerned about its long term availability. I want to get it while I can. Exhausts will always be there.

Shawn

Sesshomurai

CPTMac689 said:
@Jeff: it's surprisingly not much louder, if at all. I really can't tell any difference. I think that is mainly because with the side pipe restrictions removed the most notable noise seems to come from the sides, not the rear.

@NewBossowner: I like cars, I like music. Historically they have tended to go together. I don't really see any conflict with replacing cheap speakers for higher quality. Or have you removed your entire stereo system to squeeze out that last .001 second per lap? ;D

@zzyxx: Yes, axle backs are on the short list. However, I think that the Tiger hood will be next as I am a little concerned about its long term availability. I want to get it while I can. Exhausts will always be there.

Shawn

That's a good point. I hadn't thought of that. Might have to scoop mine up now too.

Stereo's and muscle cars were born together bro! Carry on and rock the Led Zeppelin!

My stereo is rolling both front windows down. lol. Yes, I'm an engine nerd.

TMO Supporting Vendors