The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New things we have learned from the first drive reports

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Take these with a grain of salt considering the sources:

Red Key Tune will cost $302 (isn't that cute ;D)

The Boss is about a second faster around laguna seca than a 6spd manual M3. The LS was only about one second faster than the Boss on test day with Ford Racing drivers.

Apparently the car sounds really bad ass.

Any thing else? ;D

Mark said:
Apparently? ???

In case you missed it check out the video at the bottom of the page on the link below. Be sure to watch it full screen.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1102_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302/index.html#ooid=A1dXcxMjpgbz1EmNewQiUk-1Aql6D16E

From the InsideLine article all the Boss cars driven at LS had the Recaro/Torsen options along with the brake cooling ducts installed.

" The base cars we drove on the track, however, had the optional Torsen differential, Recaro buckets and brake cooling ducts from Ford Racing, so discerning a difference between the two on a slow track like Laguna meant driving them both very, very hard. Do so and the differences are subtle, but they matter."

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
It will be interesting to see if after the reviews are well distributed if the dealers start adding more ADM and if buyers pony up.

You can bet on more attempts at ADM. With gas hitting $100 a barrel again it will help keep things under control. If the Boss follows a similar pattern to the '08 Bullitt, some will pay ADM and MSRP initially but if they end up sitting on the lots for a while you will be able to get a decent deal after 6 months. I will have my salesman on the lookout for an accidental X-plan and rebate (Ford did that with the Bullitt accidentally for a week or so and a few got lucky) ;D I think the white ones will be the ones you will see left the most. Orange, Red, Yellow, and Kona Blue will go fastest in that order. The Boss is going to attract more people than the Bullitt did, but the lack of creature comforts might narrow the market. It will be interesting to see how it plays out. I am sure with the US Dollar falling against a lot of foreign currencies, a lot of these will wind up overseas.

GA
5 DOT 0 said:
Mark said:
Apparently? ???

In case you missed it check out the video at the bottom of the page on the link below. Be sure to watch it full screen.

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1102_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302/index.html#ooid=A1dXcxMjpgbz1EmNewQiUk-1Aql6D16E

Man, oh man. The CO in front of him seemed to have something going on with the brake lights.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
It will be interesting to see if after the reviews are well distributed if the dealers start adding more ADM and if buyers pony up.

Glad I have a receipt for my deposit, and "MSRP, NO MARKUP" in writing on my order sheet.

TMO Supporting Vendors