The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New tire and wheel size, what pressures to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all,

I just switched the wheels on my GT from the stock 19x9 255/40/19 Pirelli Pzero to 19x9.5 275/35/19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport.

The cold street pressures on my door label say 35 psi.

Anyone have an idea what my new street tires pressures should be? The guys at the tire shop said "32"... because I think they set all cars to 32 :)

I have PSS for the street and set them to 35. Not sure if that's the best but I stuck with the stock pressures.

How do you like them compared to the Pirelli's?

Thanks for the info, guys.

Honestly, I only drove them once and I couldn't tell much a difference, though I was babying them because the tire dude told me to "not go hot-rodding around until the tire grease evaporated off after 24 hours".

I'm sure *hoping* I can tell the difference. I'll report back soon.

TMO Supporting Vendors