The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Tire Setup Without Shakedown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Dawsonville, GA
I was hoping to get some input on what I can expect after some changes I made. I am fairly new to Autocross (3rd season) and switched from an 18x9.5 wheel with 285 RS-4 to a 19x11 with 305 Rivals during the offseason.
We are finally starting the season here in Atlanta next month, but unfortunately wont have any chance to shakedown the change beforehand to see what effect this will have on other components and their set up.

I was very happy with the current set up, but could tell that grip was limiting me. My thought is the bigger tires may introduce some understeer...

My setup:
2014 GT
Tokico D-Spec - 2 from hard in front, 4 from hard in rear
Springs: Eibach Sportline (05-09)
Strano Sway bars - full hard front, middle hole rear
Tires - The 285 I was running at 40 hot in front, 36 hot in rear

I appreciate all input, Thanks!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Maybe Dave W. will drop you a note or post, as I believe he was running Rivals on his Mustang in CAM C. He probably has a better idea on what to run for those BFG tubes , but what did you start at cold?

TMO Supporting Vendors