The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New to American Iron and couple of ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Come from Porsche/M3 background and still have a couple ;) Always wanted some American Iron since growing up in the 60's and Ford finally built a car I could drive ;D A couple of questions on parts suppliers as the Blue Oval is new to me. Looking for front camber plates, and brake ducts source's for stock suspension and brakes. Car will be lighly modded for reliable track use with nothing over the top, yes I know that could be famous last words. :D

Peter

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Are you going to run it in NASA TTA?

Brake Ducts: Ford Racing (got mine through latemodel restoration)
Camber plates: Vorshlag or Maximum Motorsports

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
Thanks guys. I have an E36M3 for NASA TTC. The Boss is going to be a One Lap of America car in 2012 http://www.onelapofamerica.com/Home.do Just lightly modded as I learned the hard way, had over $70,000 :eek: in an E46M3 track car, to keep the mods minor or buy somebody else's modded car and let them take the hit. ;) I ran the One Lap on 07/08/09 and finished 2nd overall in 09 in a Porsche GT2. Realized I wasn't going to spend the $$$$$$$ to have a winning overall car so will just run for fun ;) and maybe a class win.

Now 2nd ? Will an 11" rim with 315 tire fit on the rear??

Peter

OLOABoss said:

Peter
It should. It depends on the offset. I know some have had to trim the bumpstop bracket to clear. I'm running an Enkei 18 x 10.5 PF01 with a 38mm offset on the rear now. With a 305/35/18 Nitto 555RII, I have almost an inch to the shock, however the tires sits just outside the fender but does not rub even under the harshest track conditions. I'm pretty sure I could get away with a 315. Now, if I had a little more offset (say 43mm) I would certainly be fine. Of course all this changes if you go to an 11" wheel. I would recommend getting in touch with Forgestar. They have an 11" wheel that works on the S197 chassis and I've seen some with a 335 on it. They won't disclose their offset (proprietary) but I know they've done 11" rear wheels for several Mustangs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/781438-forgestar-piano-black-cf5-18-x-9-11-pic-heavy.html

I believe he's running the TSW Interlogos. Are they 20"?

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
cloud9 said:
OLOABoss said:

Peter
It should. It depends on the offset. I know some have had to trim the bumpstop bracket to clear. I'm running an Enkei 18 x 10.5 PF01 with a 38mm offset on the rear now. With a 305/35/18 Nitto 555RII, I have almost an inch to the shock, however the tires sits just outside the fender but does not rub even under the harshest track conditions. I'm pretty sure I could get away with a 315. Now, if I had a little more offset (say 43mm) I would certainly be fine. Of course all this changes if you go to an 11" wheel. I would recommend getting in touch with Forgestar. They have an 11" wheel that works on the S197 chassis and I've seen some with a 335 on it. They won't disclose their offset (proprietary) but I know they've done 11" rear wheels for several Mustangs.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-mustangs-354/781438-forgestar-piano-black-cf5-18-x-9-11-pic-heavy.html

Thanks Cloud9,

I see Sammy Strano also has 10.5" he mounts 315's on. Looks like there are several options out there. On another note I will probably contact you later as it seems you have experience on MPH and Brainerd which are 2 of the tracks for the 2012 One Lap.

Peter

TMO Supporting Vendors