The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New to the Forum, a few pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Looking good!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You signed in perfectly, no one has to beg for pics, and great mods on the Shelby. Assume the pics are from Ontario, but that is just a guess since this Midwesterner has never been there? With the discontinuation of the RS , gotta believe that little pocket rocket will stay very stable ( price wise ).

Welcome this is killer site!!!!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well if you run the street class you have to run a 200 TW rated tire and there are not many changes you can make. The wife can it in the Ladies Class -----just looking out for you, ha.

@Bill Pemberton Good Point!!

@gripdriver - It is a modified wing from Big Country Labs. I vacillated over using my wing, an APR wing or a G-Stream wing. The cool thing about this one, is the mounting locations hit right at the weather-strips were the deck lid meets the body. You can jump on the wing and the decklid hardly moves. Figured it out by dumb luck, but I will take it.

I still may end up with G-Stream, as I like that it was used by ford. But I have not had time to fabricate a way to reinforce it underneath.

Last edited:

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Looking good--definitely the fastest color!

A few of us will be out at Chuckwalla next month with NASA AZ / NASA So-Cal if you want to sign up and join us...

@Bill Pemberton Good Point!!

@gripdriver - It is a modified wing from Big Country Labs. I facilitated over using my wing, an APR wing or a G-Stream wing. The cool thing about this one, is the mounting locations hit right at the weather-strips were the deck lid meets the body. You can jump on the wing and the decklid hardly moves. Figured it out by dumb luck, but I will take it.

I still may end up with G-Stream, as I like that it was used by ford. But I have not had time to fabricate a way to reinforce it underneath.

Which B.C.L. wing did you actually go with? Its funny you mentioned the mounting points to the decklid, that is what i like about it over the APR, or Gstream. The AJ hartman wing is nice too.

Which B.C.L. wing did you actually go with? Its funny you mentioned the mounting points to the decklid, that is what i like about it over the APR, or Gstream. The AJ hartman wing is nice too.
I went with their 1700mm. The 1850mm looked more like a parachute to me. With the help of a buddy, who owns a body shop, we adjusted the mounts some to make sure it fit flush with the trunk and added a bit of reinforcement.

I dont recall what the uprights are called, but they are 7". I almost always run it in the most neutral position. Here is a quick few pictures with some larger endplates. The tension cables are not needed, but I like the extra stability, despite the cheesy look. When it really bothers me, I just put my factory trunk back on, for the street.IMG_8872.jpgIMG_8873.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors