The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New to the forums - just ordered 2014 GT w/track pack & Recaros!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
PeteInCT said:
What idiot told you to buy a Mustang anyway ? ;D

Glad to see you stopped lurking Derek ::)

(To all - this is my good buddy Derek - fellow driver form the Audi NEW and SCDA clubs.)

Was waiting to hear you chime in Pete! Feels good to finally pull the trigger... no more Audi mechanical issues :)

No more lurking - active participation in the fun finally! Well, almost - have to get the car first I guess

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
you chose well grasshopper! there is not much left to be desired going with the track pack gt. the shocks and springs are better than regular gt's, so you should be just fine for now with the stock suspension. i still run mine stock except for camber bolts and an adjustable upper trailing arm for better traction. oh, and get yourself a CG Lock. if you are unfamiliar, it is a lapbelt locking device to keep you planted. i had a student in a boss with recaros and he was sliding all over the place in the seat. the cg lock keeps your butt in place, regardless of the seat and its universal and super cheap!! i have had mine on 4 very different cars now!

pufferfish said:
you chose well grasshopper! there is not much left to be desired going with the track pack gt. the shocks and springs are better than regular gt's, so you should be just fine for now with the stock suspension. i still run mine stock except for camber bolts and an adjustable upper trailing arm for better traction. oh, and get yourself a CG Lock. if you are unfamiliar, it is a lapbelt locking device to keep you planted. i had a student in a boss with recaros and he was sliding all over the place in the seat. the cg lock keeps your butt in place, regardless of the seat and its universal and super cheap!! i have had mine on 4 very different cars now!

So true. When I had my recaros and got that crafty little device, it was like night and day experience. Funny to think it actually makes you faster! And it does.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
DGRacing said:
So true. When I had my recaros and got that crafty little device, it was like night and day experience. Funny to think it actually makes you faster! And it does.

Good idea - I used to do the 'back up the seat, lock the belt, slide the seat forward' trick, but that little gizmo would get the job done a bit more easily.

I have read the track package has stiffer springs as well - I'll see how everything feels, probably will be just fine for this year.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes - nice to have forum where everyone has similar goals for the cars and is knowledgeable! Compared with many other mustang forums that I've been sorting through!

TMO Supporting Vendors