The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New to the site

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello All - Wanted to introduce myself. I am a bit of a car addict, Mustangs more then others. I just picked up a new Laguna Seca yesterday and already had a GHIG, Race Red and White 302's as well as a 13' Shelby and a 12' Shelby Vert. Recently sold my 13' Shelby and my GHIG Boss. I have to say that the Boss is a super impressive car and I enjoy every second spent in any/all of them. I prefer them over the Shelby's and sold my 13' Roush Stage 3 Vert with numerous upgrades once I fell in love with my first Boss, the GHIG.

I am an ok driver with lots to learn and October 26th and 27th my Wife and I will both be attending racing school at Homestead, we are both looking forward to becoming better drivers and being able to open these babies up! I am certain once we start we will be come addicted and start to do this as often as possible. My plans for the Red Boss were to turn it into a 302s Clone, so I am betting this will push those plans along faster.

As of now all my 302's are stock with the exception of wheels and a brake upgrade on my Red 302.

Anyway, I look forward to talking to you and at some point meeting some of you. And thanks to Rick, 5 Dot 0 for pointing me in the direction of this Forum.

Matt

You sold a 2013 shelby for a boss? The boss is something different and I guess it is easy to get deep into one but a 2013 shelby is king but damn cost a crap load.

I didn't sell the Shelby for the Boss, but it wasn't getting driven and I am out of space. The Shelby is nice, don't get me wrong but if I could only keep one car out of all of mine, it would be a Boss. So much nicer to drive. The Shelby is fast, but that is where it ends IMO. You can make a Boss fast too (and it's not slow to start) and it would be much nicer to drive then the Shelby, I think. I still have one Shelby left and I am sure I will order a 14' when the order banks open. As I said in my intro, I am a bit of a car addict, and you will see that every 3-6 weeks a new car will be added to the collection and one may or may not disappear. Working on buying a warehouse now for car storage, once that happens no cars will disappear, just more will appear.

Well you kept the right one that blue looks great. If I would not loose my ass id trade my boss in for one but why bother if the boss does not work out in the end its going to be a different brand for damn sure. Seem to have sunk a crap load into the boss love the car just need a bit more power ;D

Matt, welcome, glad you can join us. Be sure and post some photos of your collection and your new 2013 black LS.

Stick around and you'll learn a lot about tracking your Bosses as there are many here with lots of experience. Have fun in October.

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
jeepinocala said:
You sold a 2013 shelby for a boss? The boss is something different and I guess it is easy to get deep into one but a 2013 shelby is king but damn cost a crap load.
I traded my 2012 Shelby for the Boss with no regrets at all. The Boss is so much more fun to drive. Oh, and welcome DadzBoss!

Ok since there are a few ex shelby owners here I have never driven in one whats up with wanting the boss over a shelby the shelby has more power right? Is a rce machine right? what's up let me in on why?

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
jeepinocala said:
Ok since there are a few ex shelby owners here I have never driven in one whats up with wanting the boss over a shelby the shelby has more power right? Is a rce machine right? what's up let me in on why?
I had a 2006 Cayman S,traded it for the 2012 Shelby,then traded the Shelby for the Boss. The Porsche was a blast to track,it was like on rails.Ran in the high 4s. The Shelby was just too much car and not that much fun to drive like the Boss is.I have no regrets buying the Boss AT ALL

Why not add a 302s or r to the collection and keep the LS stock? Is your name Jay Leno? :) I'm kidding, welcome to the forum. I was under the impression the 2013 Shelby handled as well as the boss, with a few mod's up front of course.

Thanks everyone!

As for the Shelby/Boss questions, for me, it is simple. The Boss is just a lot more fun to drive. Less power but you don't miss it when driving the Boss. Ford just nailed this car so perfectly. I still have a Shelby if I just want to go fast(er) but the Boss has plenty of power and drives SO much nicer then the Shelby. I have had every kind of Mustang made by Ford and all the Tuner cars, NONE, IMO have anything on the Boss. The Boss is just a great all around car, comfortable, fun, quick, handles great and very good for a daily driver. Although I have other cars besides the Mustangs, the Boss is always my first choice to take.

5 DOT 0 said:
Matt, welcome, glad you can join us. Be sure and post some photos of your collection and your new 2013 black LS.

Stick around and you'll learn a lot about tracking your Bosses as there are many here with lots of experience. Have fun in October.

Rick - Thanks, and thanks for pointing me over here. I posted some photos in the photo section of the "Stable".

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Welcome to BMO, just watch out for the MGW and Zaino freaks... Oh wait, um never mind. 8)

TMO Supporting Vendors