The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New to tuned car, AED

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

To preface I have emailed Shaun but realise it is Sunday and Mother's Day and thought I could ask here as well to get a quicker answer, maybe from someone who has asked Shaun the same question in the past.
I recently flashed over the revised tunes from Shaun and have been running the race tune for a day now. I don't plan to run it all the time as I daily my car and what little fuel economy I can get is always nice. However I wanted to know if it is alright to run the "Drag/Race" tune on the street on a daily basis.

I have for a couple days in a row I dont DD my car but really the question is why..?
are you just waiting for that golden race to appear..? just saying

I seem to recall that his 'race' flash disabled stability/traction controls and ABS so it might not be ideal for street use. Otherwise, the engine tune should be the same as the performance flash.

captdistraction

GrumpyRacer
Phoenix, Az
unless a lot has changed since my last tune revisions, the tunes I've gotten from AED didn't seem to alter the ESP/TCS systems or their activation. I certainly hope no tuner is out there disabling the whole ABS system either, I can't imagine a single benefit from killing that system.

It might have some different fuel trims, timing advance, throttle curves, etc, but I'd think it would be just fine to drive on the street.

Thanks for the info, I have been driving around on the Race tune just to see how it reacts, it does disable traction control completely but doesn't disable ABS, I ended up engaging ABS the other day on it. The question was also mainly because Cruisin OC is coming up and I would like to run the Race tune there is possible for the entirety of the week, if it wasn't advisable I would just run the Street tune and flash the Race tune only for the track.

My AED race tune did not mess with tractio, stability or abs. If you want anything changed, you would need to ask specifically.

I've been running Shauns race tune for 2 years and ~10k miles now

F.D. Sako said:
So, what are your impressions so far?!

Best decision so far, the drive is much smoother, car pulls much harder, and the little things like being able to change the speedo for smaller tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors