The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New toys today - summer mods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
Got home, and the big brown truck left this.
20120416183622.jpg

Here's how the black Enkei PF01 looks on the Boss
20120416185342.jpg

Need to get set 2 of NT-05 mounted this week.

And my lower grill mesh screen was at the post office.
Set it in place for a quick pic--I'll drill the 2 holes later this week.
06mach1 did a great job on this--don't know what his day job is, but he knows how to run a welder.
20120416190951.jpg

I ordered the KR style differential catch can today, so that should be here for a weekend install also.

And the PCA club that drives BIR accepted my application today, so I'll be able to experience the long course in early May.

Bah I wanted in on the grills.

Are the PF01s fitting right? I was talking to a guy at a local shop and he said they put a set on an LS (9.5 and 10.5 iirc) and they were not hubcentric and needed the spacers plus they had issues with brake clearance. I suspected he ordered the wrong ones, but he was adamant they were the right offset and everything.

drano38

Wayne
$1282 to the door.
I found this on a google search.
Shipped the same day, and had them 3 days later.
http://www.oakos.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=355&Product_Code=ENK-460-895-6535BK&Category_Code

CaliMR, I didn't bolt them on, but Gary runs the same thing PF01 18x9.5, 35mm offset, so I'm sure they fit. Huge Brembo clearance.

These set out further since they're 35mm offset. My silvers are 45mm.

drano38

Wayne
Don't know if he'll make more grill screens--he said they're very time consuming to make.
Luckily I got in on the first batch after his prototype.
PM him and at least get on his list.

06mach1 said:
I might be willing to make some more screens if I get enough people interested. They are time consuming to make! The cost is $175 shipped. Just send me a PM if you want one.

PM Sent !

CaliMR said:
Bah I wanted in on the grills.

Are the PF01s fitting right? I was talking to a guy at a local shop and he said they put a set on an LS (9.5 and 10.5 iirc) and they were not hubcentric and needed the spacers plus they had issues with brake clearance. I suspected he ordered the wrong ones, but he was adamant they were the right offset and everything.
Not sure what they ordered, but I've been running them for 4 years now between the GT500 and the Boss. I have two sets actually. Like Wayne said, the brake clearance is totally a non-issue, I mean there's miles of clearance. The stock wheels on the other hand BARELY clear in comparison. If they are anywhere near the brake calipers who knows what they ordered. Even the 45mm offset 18 x 9.5s don't come close to the calipers let alone the 35s.

Are they hub-centric?

I am thinking they ordered the wrong ones and couldn't figure that out. Which has me a little worried, because they are going to be doing some work on my other car soon.

CaliMR said:
Are they hub-centric?

I am thinking they ordered the wrong ones and couldn't figure that out. Which has me a little worried, because they are going to be doing some work on my other car soon.
No I just bolt them up without a hubcentric ring.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hmmm , Drano38, my Enkeis are on the way, have the LS brake duct kit, tranny scoop, MGW Short throw shifter, 302S grill coming, Ford Racing diff plate coming, and of course those marvelous Carbotech pads here soon too.

Got colored hood struts too, but then I hear they are might add a lb. of weight, so the Corsa axle back is on order to alleviate my drastic weight increase. DBA rotors coming, but they are basically out in the US at present.

Just had to respond since I have your twin machine, and since you are a fellow Carbotech believer!!!

drano38

Wayne
Bill,

Not sure I'm a Carbotech fan yet. XP10/XP8 ran great for one track day last August, and 2 days at the MPH Mustang Roundup. But in October at MAM, I got bad pad transfer, and got pretty bad wheel shudder during hard braking. This spring, I put on Raybestos rotors, and seasoned them with XP10--looked great. Drove to MAM for their opener after installing pre-bedded RP2, and I'm getting pad transfer again. Maybe its from the 4 hour drive down, and some city driving to the Omaha scotch bar (Dundee Dell--awesome place), but these pads are driving me crazy.
I'll turn the rotors, re-season them, and trailer to PIR first weekend of May. If they do it again, I'll most likely move to another brand.
That said, after 180 track miles at MAM, the RP2 almost look new--but I haven't measured them yet for wear.
Off soap box.

TMO Supporting Vendors