The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New track surface at Hallett

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
Here are some videos from HST at Hallett last weekend. This was the first event on the new track surface and it was very smooth. The track was pretty slick though, and most of us seemed to be about 3 seconds off our normal times.

Bumper cam footage. Track is buttery smooth! They paved everything except in between turns 7 and 8.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/-kNQklcQHK4[/youtube]

Here is some in-car footage from Centri5.0's camera, who was riding with me this session. We had passed the whole field of cars and on the last straight I had a momentary lapse in judgment, looked at him to say something and dropped two tires into the grass. The new surface has resulted in a large dropoff onto the grass and there was no way I could bring the car back on the track. Luckily the only damage was a broken splitter mount and a hit to my ego. :-[ As I told someone else, I am fine in the corners but I can't do the straights...lol. Definitely a good reminder to never let your guard down while on track. Spin happens around 7:56.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/feONt_xfva8[/youtube]

Tulsa, OK
Thanks Tucson. That was the LAST place I expected to go off that day...lol

Quote from my passenger: "That's the one way to cross the finish line." ;D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Congrats, we will have to induct you into the F.A.R.T. group, even though it was just grass ( not sure that lovely red earth in Oklahoma will group alfalfa ,ha )

FORD ALFALFA RACING TEAM = F.A.R.T.

Geez, sure wonder what all the other drivers at Hallett think with this white Stang blowing by them lap after lap ??? Appreciate you helping our cause, proving that the Stang is a solid track machine, and definitely to be reckoned with!!

Can't wait to ride with you again. Learned a lot, and felt a bit better about my pit road mishaps. Hahaha

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Very nice driving!

Were you looking at the instructor when you got the wheel off?
I guess that scoop did its job... scooped up some souvenirs for you! :p But glad you got out of it easy.
Did the scoop get bent a bit, or is it just the camera angle?

Tulsa, OK
F.D. Sako said:
Very nice driving!

Were you looking at the instructor when you got the wheel off?
I guess that scoop did its job... scooped up some souvenirs for you! :p But glad you got out of it easy.
Did the scoop get bent a bit, or is it just the camera angle?

Thanks man. Yeah I was looking at Centri5.0 who was doing a ride along with me. I actually looked at him to say "That was pretty good, huh?" We had a good laugh about that one... :)

Ha the scoop definitely did it's job! I think it must just be the camera angle. It went back on the car just fine after I cleaned it out.

roadhouse said:
LOL...thanks Bill! :p

And you're right, not alfafa but lots of grass nonetheless...
20140426_162056_zps24axchzl.jpg

You have a future in the sod business if all else fails. Glad to see everything worked out for you.

TMO Supporting Vendors