The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New tunes from AED my thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captdistraction said:
just wrapped up, and uh, 8300 in 4th is about 138 mph. Whoa. You guys are lucky your tach goes to 9k, after 8k I just have to hold on for the ride.
Don't our speedo's go higher too? :p

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
captdistraction said:
just wrapped up, and uh, 8300 in 4th is about 138 mph. Whoa. You guys are lucky your tach goes to 9k, after 8k I just have to hold on for the ride.
Don't our speedo's go higher too? :p

How high does your speedo go???

orig-14019761.jpg

I'm looking forward to your dyno results. I'm wondering how much can be tweeked out of this motor. You have new plumbing from front to back so I'm sure you'll have some good numbers

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I just went for the upgrade to E85 tunes. Requires a swap to 47 lb/hr injectors. Just got those on order.

Now that I have drove the car with some good gas in it. Its like a totally different car. It feels very quick in the mid range and up top it pulls like its got a baby turbo helping it along. And I got the cam idle tune sorted out and it runs factory smooth.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
no I dont have long tubes. Those are supposed to come tax time when my brother buys a short block off of me with his tax money. if I didnt need to fix my clutch issues I would have bought them instead of that clutch I just ordered. but no sense in making it faster if I can shift right 80% of the time.

Well if you were going to do a T56 anyways... I did a quick poke around on google and people are saying the ST 1200 is only a few hundred more than a T56 Magnum, and there should be a lot of headroom for increased power since you are only starting at around 450. People are saying you need the one with the upgraded bearings if it will see a lot of street use, and fluid changed every 500 miles but that even with the fluid it would save money in the long run due to it lasting forever and not needing clutches nearly as often. That was for the 4 spd though I think, not sure how much more the 5 is.

Also I would like to hear a video of the idle with the tune too.

ArizonaGT said:
Anyone still talking about tunes in here?

Hit an awesome place called the Baja Cantina in Carmel and then out to the coast with a couple dozen Team Shelby cars today. Two guys were sportin' their AED shirts. Both were insisting I need to get my car tuned!

A chillin 60* at the coast!

023.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel