The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New type of Brembo brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heck GM had this years ago. Ran a 69 Vette with a buddy autocrossing in the 80s and the big hassle with the beasts was getting all four corners to work at stopping at once. He was not the only guy back then with a big block that was a challenge to stop. Can remember a couple of times where things were going quite well because I had one front caliper and one rear caliper on opposite sides working ----- two braking points are better than none.

Another gentleman named Fred spent big bucks on his 69 427 to get it to stop and not get too hot, but my buddy Bob was determined to get his to work without spending a fortune. I remember Fred and a guy from Topeka who had over 1000 spent on their brake systems back then and that was huge change in the 80s. Heck, having the brakes work sketchy made for a more exciting run, ha.

I think we should just take driver ability out of all race cars, same with tuning, that's basically where we're at in Gt4, you can run one of 3 maps, you can run one of 3 springs, you can run one of 3 sway bars, you can run one of 4 wing settings, you can't change shocks, in Porsche Cup you don't even have those choices. I don't know why anyone needs and engineer in pro sportscar racing anymore, just invest in P! strategic software to manage your race and you're done.P1 race software
the guy that created it is a friend of mine, Ken Lin

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel