The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Vendor: Hooked on Driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'd like to welcome Hooked on Driving as the newest BOSSMustangsOnline vendor. HOD sponsors HDPE events in six regions across the US and are always looking to add more. I've met David Ray the owner of HOD and not only is he a great guy running terrific events in Northern California he's also a Mustang owner. His Mustang is in the photo below.

Whether you're a seasoned track veteran or a beginner like me HOD will provide you with a safe and fun environment. I did my first ever track day with HOD in 2011 and I was very comfortable in their well controlled environment and experienced instructors. You can get to their website to check out dates in your area by clicking on their ad to the right.

Gordon, member l8te apx, will be on our forum to answer any questions regarding HOD and has a wealth of experience tracking cars. Another true track rat. Gordon's latest track vehicle is an Audi TT RS. I met Gordon at a HOD event last Summer and he suggested we put together a Boss run group.

As a way to get BMO members familiar with HOD they offered up the opportunity to "Drive Your 302 at the Screw". This will be a specific run group for Boss 302 owners to be held at Laguna Seca this Spring or Summer. More details to follow.

Again Welcome Hooked on Driving!

http://www.hookedondriving.com/

DavidRayHoDatSonoma.jpg

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Well I will welcome that opportunity to do the screw in my 302 in a few months! I've been meaning to get into HOD and hit up Roebling Road but I just haven't had the chance. So this will be a great opportunity for all of us.

The April event at Atlanta Motorsports Park sounds temping.

$300 for the event
$340 TD Insurance
$100 for oil change after the TD
$100 (less?) for trans and diff fluid change after the TD
$100 for gas

Must save 1,000 between now and April...

Having a 2012 LS it seemed logical to do Laguna Seca. I am on the east coast so last June I went to the Track attack at MMS and trailed the Boss so it was on to Laguna Seca. OMG that track is fun and the screw is incredible. I have driven at least a half a dozen tracks including VIR in Virginia and Barber Motor Sports and Laguna Seca is my favorite. I still have at least a half dozen more track on my bucket list but I'd like to get back to Laguna Seca again. Once you get a feel for the screw it is a great sensation. I will try to be there this year again.

Number23 said:
The April event at Atlanta Motorsports Park sounds temping.

$300 for the event
$340 TD Insurance
$100 for oil change after the TD
$100 (less?) for trans and diff fluid change after the TD
$100 for gas

Must save 1,000 between now and April...

Now your making me want to go. And i had planned on...... wait..... nope nevermind i hadn't made any track plans for April. I do now thanks.

side item: Would love to do the screw but im a little far away.

Well now i have a question. Are there any other clubs doing a track event at AMP after HOD? I ask because i don't want to drive down to AMP for just one day would like to do 2 or 3 if possible.

Georgia
Smilieboy said:
Well now i have a question. Are there any other clubs doing a track event at AMP after HOD? I ask because i don't want to drive down to AMP for just one day would like to do 2 or 3 if possible.

Actually yes, the MCA Music City Mustang Club has their HPDE scheduled for May 24 and 25. Only $200.00 per day with MCA membership and early registration discounts. I am scheduled for Friday.

bluemax said:
Actually yes, the MCA Music City Mustang Club has their HPDE scheduled for May 24 and 25. Only $200.00 per day with MCA membership and early registration discounts. I am scheduled for Friday.

Is it possible to attend without an MCA membership?

Georgia
Smilieboy said:
Is it possible to attend without an MCA membership?

Yes, the MCA discount is 10% another 10% for early registration. I have not been to AMP yet, so it should be fun and very affordable too!

In the past these guys have held their annual event at the now closed down Nashville Speedway.

http://www.musiccitymustangclub.org/activities/2013SpringOpenTrack/hsf13flyer.pdf

bluemax said:
Yes, the MCA discount is 10% another 10% for early registration. I have not been to AMP yet, so it should be fun and very affordable too!

In the past these guys have held their annual event at the now closed down Nashville Speedway.

http://www.musiccitymustangclub.org/activities/2013SpringOpenTrack/hsf13flyer.pdf
Please take this up in another thread.

TMO Supporting Vendors