The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Venue - Flatrock Motorsports Park

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
I just saw this released this morning. Looks pretty cool! 30miles west of Knoxville, TN

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
That project has been in the works for a couple of years now. It was originally sited for Oak Ridge on some former federal land, but due to opposition in the local community they started shopping for an alternate site. They found a larger site only 30 minutes from the original one with a welcoming local government. The developer is out of Knoxville and he has a couple of prominent local business people behind him. They have been moving dirt for several months now. If all goes well the first phase will be ready in the spring. I don't know what memberships will cost, but looking at the scope of the project they will probably be out of my reach. I will be waiting for NASA and other track day organizations to host open to the public events since it is only 25 minutes from my house.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
Aha! As always, there's a back story! Curious about the cost too. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Side note: I sent the track website link to a friend, and he sent one back about Tennessee Downs, another soon to be built track in Shelbyville. Both of these tracks would be great!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang , looks like Tennessee could become a major track designation State!? Appreciate the post and exciting to think about how many fun places there will be to play in the coming years!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There seem to be a bunch of new tracks being built , many with the Country Club Theme and I think someone has to ask how many more can be built and actually sustain a membership with the pricing and costs associated with these tracks. I , for one , hope to run on some of these courses , but it seems one has to question just how many super high end courses can be built and also be financially stable? One can only hope these Country Club for Cars means those of us regular folks will have more places to play ?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Bill, This one is close to me. It is loosely following the format of Atlanta Motorsports Park as the developer has a relationship with the developers of it. It has traction as a couple of the early investors are car enthusiasts who were instrumental in getting the Nashville Grand Prix. They want a place close to home to keep there Ferrari's and Porsches. Early indications are they have sold enough memberships, home, and garage sites to make it work. Luckily for those of us without deep pockets there will be opportunities to get on track through organizations like NASA, Chin, Just Track It, etc.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
That is exciting Eric and my general comment was more in questioning how many more of these Country Club tracks can successfully operate into the future, it was not so much a question of this one. I really hope this track continues and is quite successful as it bodes well for the automotive industry as a whole. Believe me , if I win the lottery , I think a nice home on a track like this to store my toys would be a dream situation. Now that we know you are keeping tabs on Flatrock, we appoint you as the official news reporter and we expect reports as things progress , ha.

Any chance they think they will be up and running in 2024 ------ the biggest hurdle on new tracks is getting them laid and cured sufficiently.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I’ve been watching this one for a couple of years now. It was originally sited in Oak Ridge on some old government land that was given to the city for an industrial park. The site fell through and they started shopping for a new location. They were trying to stay fairly close to Knoxville. Tilke designed it. They broke ground a little over a year ago and have been paving for a few months now. The first 3.5 miles are supposedly on schedule to be ready by summer 2024.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have a friend in Tennessee who told me about a track being built near him years back. He later told me they were looking for a new area as the original land for the site fell through. Glad this came up as I know this was the place he was telling me about. Looking at the track map and the area , it might have been a blessing in disguise, since it looks fantastic. I knew Tilke was designing the track , so some things went through as planned. Keep us posted Eric!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
By the way Eric , what is happening over near Shelbyville with the Tennessee Downs track? It seems things have been super quiet over there and I reached out to another friend in your area who simply said, " No idea what is happening down there currently?"

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel