The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Vintage Mustang sub-forum for track-focused tech discussions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
This is obviously a new sub-forum. We could use some help identifying and moving threads here from other places in our forum. If you come across any threads that are geared towards "vintage" Mustangs (for all the Gen 1 and ultra rare Gen 2 track enthusiasts), please click the Report link in the first post of the thread and let us know that it should be moved here to keep all those discussions grouped together.

Thanks!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Heh, Ludachris he was just following the thread's listing, since it stated tack - focused tech discussions. Tracy figured I was vintage, and he was being tacky as you suggested ,ha,ha.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Tacky??? too nice. LOL

Back on subject.

I would love to see vintage and resto mods on this site. My brother built a 68 Mustang with a Coyote and MT-82 a few months back for a client. It screams. Ill see if we can get that car and owner to join.

Last edited:

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
If i put a Pony in the grille of my 68 Cuda build, does it fit within the rules then??? :rolleyes:
Not for this sub-forum, but you could certainly create a "non-Mustang" vehicle profile for it here on the site. I know I'd love to see that build!

I'm working on getting Forte's classic garage on here. FYI Paul Forte is in the NHRA hall of fame for his work on automatic transmissions, his biz is Turbo Action transmissions in Jax, FL, Dom (Paul's brother) took over his dad's business that was started in the late 40s, his dad was a crew chief on a B17 bomber in WW2. Dom's 2 sons, Chris and Tony now run the business in Largo, Fl and do resto mods, thy also have developed Ford marine engines via Inmar and are involved with misc ski teams around the country. They would be a great asset here as they have a wealth of experience. some of their personal cars are Terminator engined Fox bodies, 68 Shelby GT500s, Broncos Tigers and many other vehicles covering several marques.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
I'm working on getting Forte's classic garage on here. FYI Paul Forte is in the NHRA hall of fame for his work on automatic transmissions, his biz is Turbo Action transmissions in Jax, FL, Dom (Paul's brother) took over his dad's business that was started in the late 40s, his dad was a crew chief on a B17 bomber in WW2. Dom's 2 sons, Chris and Tony now run the business in Largo, Fl and do resto mods, thy also have developed Ford marine engines via Inmar and are involved with misc ski teams around the country. They would be a great asset here as they have a wealth of experience. some of their personal cars are Terminator engined Fox bodies, 68 Shelby GT500s, Broncos Tigers and many other vehicles covering several marques.
Would love to see more of those guys in here. I’m a HUGE fan of the vintage cars, restomods and specialty cars. And I’m sure their experience would be tremendously appreciated by everyone here. Let me know if I can help invite them in or answer any questions they might have.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Trying to revive this thread.

I'm still working on my 1967 mustang track car. The car is still at Vorshlag near Dallas Texas. The car hasn't been touched since I came back from the body shop in December.

Ludachris

Chris
Staff member
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Newcastle, CA
Trying to revive this thread.

I'm still working on my 1967 mustang track car. The car is still at Vorshlag near Dallas Texas. The car hasn't been touched since I came back from the body shop in December.
Well as soon as there is some progress, please do share it in your build thread. Or if you have tech questions or a tech discussion you want to start around a topic, feel free to use the new forum for that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Afraid so. LOL.

I know Adam also had a 350, not sure he still does.
Got rid of the 350 and the Boss. I did some downsizing and decided to focus on just one track car. The 67 is at a standstill right now at Vorshlag in Texas. It should get some more love in the shop soon. It's so close but so far away from being finished.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Well as soon as there is some progress, please do share it in your build thread. Or if you have tech questions or a tech discussion you want to start around a topic, feel free to use the new forum for that.
This is the most current pic after it came back from the body shop. Back to primer gray until we finish all the track testing and do the final paint. I'm honestly not so worried about the paint right now. It's kind of nice to be able to drive the car and not worry about scratches and rock chips.

35C8647E-06CC-4AD2-A22E-14A1D2932941.jpeg

TMO Supporting Vendors