The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Wheels and Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

new%20wheels_zps5wwdrxo5.jpg

Got my Forgestar F14 wheels and Michelin PSS tires finally mounted. The wheels are 19x9.5 +39 offset with 265/35r19 and 19x11 +53 offset with 295/35r19. Oce I get better pics I'll post up later.

I didn't get to weigh the new wheels and tires. I did measure the front stock wheels, 58lbs. I figure the rear would be about 60lbs. each. According to Tire Rack, the 265 is 25 lbs. I weighed each Forgestar and the front was 24 lbs. Combined the new set saves me approx 17lbs on the front. The rear wheels weighed 26 lbs and the tires 28lbs. This is a weight savings of 12lbs on the rear.

It may be in my head but the car does feel lighter, steering a little quicker.

Indeed, that is real benefit you will feel. Upgrading wheels is my favorite "bang for buck" upgrade as it makes everything feel my lively.

Where did you buy the wheels from?

2012Boss302 said:
new%20wheels_zps5wwdrxo5.jpg

Got my Forgestar F14 wheels and Michelin PSS tires finally mounted. The wheels are 19x9.5 +39 offset with 265/35r19 and 19x11 +53 offset with 295/35r19. Oce I get better pics I'll post up later.

I didn't get to weigh the new wheels and tires. I did measure the front stock wheels, 58lbs. I figure the rear would be about 60lbs. each. According to Tire Rack, the 265 is 25 lbs. I weighed each Forgestar and the front was 24 lbs. Combined the new set saves me approx 17lbs on the front. The rear wheels weighed 26 lbs and the tires 28lbs. This is a weight savings of 12lbs on the rear.

It may be in my head but the car does feel lighter, steering a little quicker.

Love it.

Okay that all sounds good and after research the forgestar looks like the way to go. I may just copy your set up thank you. I will be using these probably 90% for track time. I have other tires and wheels for the street. Are you using this set up at the track? It was either the forgestar or Apex. The other advantage to the weight is I have to lift them to put on the car and at my age any weight savings is great.

Your car looks fantastic. You'll like those tires compared to the stock Pirelli's.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel