The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New wheels delivered

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Big thanks going out to Steve from Blowfish Racing who has worked tirelessly to get hold of a set of these wheels for me, Ive not been able to fit them yet as it will drop the car to much for UK roads, but they will be on the car for its next track outing which is on the 15th

529516_241587969319264_1439393303_n_zpsbc2f7dbc.jpg

They look great, and you can't go wrong with a company that has a good amount of grass roots racing heritage and support.

Are these the wheels that were supposedly made for the mustangs?
they look like 19s, could you please post wheel and tire specs :)

F.D. Sako said:
They look great, and you can't go wrong with a company that has a good amount of grass roots racing heritage and support.

Are these the wheels that were supposedly made for the mustangs?
they look like 19s, could you please post wheel and tire specs :)

Yes these are the ones designed for the Mustang, im sure Steve will be along shortly to tell you more, I'm looking forward to trying them on the 15th at my local circuit

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
These Team Dynamics wheels are an 18x10 with a +45 offset for a perfect flush fit to the wheel lip. They are a special order to my specifications so they are plug and play for the S197 Mustangs. They have the correct hub diameter and don't require thin walled "tuner" lugnuts. The factory lugnuts work just fine with a standard deepwell socket. They are a 800kg (1770lb) static load rated wheel, which is the highest advertised rating I have seen on a race wheel. With 285/30/18 hoosier R6's, they are 12.8lbs (EACH!) lighter than 19x9 factory brembo GT wheels with 285/35/19 toyo R1's. I don't know of any brake kit (including 15" 6-pots) these won't fit over. There is just miles of room in there! And yes, they carry the clout of being a highly revered wheel for grassroots as well as professional racing groups.

The issue at the moment is supply. It seems the race teams get their orders filled first, so my order got shuffled back. I had to pull every string I had to get Ian's wheels. Now that the pro race season has started, their schedule is freeing up to get my order completed. I have not found out yet, when to expect the balance of my order, but rest assured, when these gems get here, i will be shouting it from the rooftops...and the forums ;)

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
" I don't know of any brake kit (including 15" 6-pots) these won't fit over. There is just miles of room in there! And yes, they carry the clout of being a highly revered wheel for grassroots as well as professional racing groups."

Do you think you can get me a template for the inside barrel of these wheels so I can check for fitment with my 2013 GT 500 15" front brake setup. I am searching for a wheel that will fit over these calipers in 18" size.
Thanks
Steve

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
steveespo said:
" I don't know of any brake kit (including 15" 6-pots) these won't fit over. There is just miles of room in there! And yes, they carry the clout of being a highly revered wheel for grassroots as well as professional racing groups."

Do you think you can get me a template for the inside barrel of these wheels so I can check for fitment with my 2013 GT 500 15" front brake setup. I am searching for a wheel that will fit over these calipers in 18" size.
Thanks
Steve

hmm. TD doesn't have such a template and all i have is the physical wheels. if you were closer, i could just have you try one on for size. does the gt500 15" kit look similar to the stoptech ST-60 15" kit? i used their template to verify the TD wheels would fit over their kit.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I will measure radius from the hub to the farthest poit on the caliper, I know where all of my 18" wheels make contact with it, also will measure minimum offset from hub face to caliper face to check that direction, could you check them if I get you that info?
Thanks
Steve

zzyzx

Steve
pufferfish said:
With 285/30/18 hoosier R6's, they are 12.8lbs (EACH!) lighter than 19x9 factory brembo GT wheels with 285/35/19 toyo R1's.

Could you post the weight of the wheel itself?

Thanks!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
i don't have accurate info on that yet. i didn't have an accurate scale before the wheels had tires on them, so i just compared weights on my bathroom scale. since it doesn't matter how off the scale is, they would be off equally and its a more relevant number anyhow. when i get more in stock, i will make sure to put one on my shiny new corner weight scale.

don't quote me on it, but i believe they are just south of 24lbs each?

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
big red one is out of town until next week. heres some pics of them on my car...
tdwheels1.jpg

tdwheels2.jpg

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
no, i wish i did. honestly, my car looks ridiculous with the TD's and short hoosiers on my stock height GT. it looks like a 4x4! pappa needs some suspension goodies!

Hi Guys, i have my first trackday with these wheels on Monday so ill get some static shots as well as track photo's

TMO Supporting Vendors