The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New Wheels for my.....future Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Look what just showed up ;D Now if I only had a car to put them on. Of course it wouldn't really matter with two feet of snow on the ground here.

Enkei PF01 18 x 9.5 all around - 20.0 POUNDS!

Attachments

• Enkeis.jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 557
cloud9 said:
Look what just showed up ;D Now if I only had a car to put them on. Of course it wouldn't really matter with two feet of snow on the ground here.

Enkei PF01 18 x 9.5 all around
That's what bizzaks are for...make sure to attached the splitter.

Might need to be lowered a tad.

Hmmm...if I start a snow plow business does that make my LS tax deductible? *makes note to speak with accountant

I wonder if the IRS will take issue with me plowing snow in SoCal?

Very nice.

Dean#4AI said:
Beautiful!!!

What size tire are you planning on using?
Right now on my GT500 I have a 10.5 rear and these 9.5 fronts running 305/35/18 and 275/35/18 R888s respectively. For the Boss I'm planning on trying the Nitto NT01 in either the 275/40/18 or 275/35/18 all around. Any feedback on those sizes would be welcome. I've heard the taller sidewall, while a little more squishy, sticks instead of sliding. I've only run 30 or 35 sidewalls in those relative sizes.

GA
ArizonaGT said:
Move out here to Arizona...summer tires all year round! :)

Doesn't the asphalt turn into mud during the summer in Arizona? I think you would probably be better off with snow tires. ;)

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
PJWANNABE said:
Doesn't the asphalt turn into mud during the summer in Arizona? I think you would probably be better off with snow tires. ;)

Hahaha yeah, we get grooves in the pavement at stoplights when it gets really hot out! A couple years ago we even had asphalt stick to the hot race tires when we parked in the paddock after a road course session!

Overall it's pretty bearable :) 300 days of sunshine a year!

cloud9 said:

What offset did you get? +40?

iDrive said:
cloud9 said:

What offset did you get? +40?
45 same as the ones I already have. I haven't test fit them yet obviously but assume they will fit since they fit the GT500 with the same Brembo brakes.

Thanks, I'll be fitting 18x11 f/r and I want to make sure and tuck them in as much as possible. I know +40 works and you have +45. I have even heard +55 works in the rear with a spacer up front to clear the shock towers.

Dave

cloud9 said:
For the Boss I'm planning on trying the Nitto NT01 in either the 275/40/18 or 275/35/18 all around. Any feedback on those sizes would be welcome. I've heard the taller sidewall, while a little more squishy, sticks instead of sliding. I've only run 30 or 35 sidewalls in those relative sizes.

There is obviously a point where the sidewalls will get too tall and “flop” over when side loaded but what you are talking about is nowhere near that.

I am a big fan of taller sidewalls (if designed correctly) for roadracing. In the early 2000’s 16.5” rims (opposed to the normal 17” rims) became available to the non factory riders (me) and they were a huge leap in performance. Easily 1-1.5sec/lap. The overall diameter of the tire stayed the same (if not grew) so when you were on the edge of the tire it would spread out more and give a bigger contact patch. They also had the added benefit of conforming to and absorbing surface irregularities that would have a 17” tire chattering across the tops of the bumps. The only downside, and a very small and almost unnoticeable one was that the tire would move around on the rim a bit more and give a slight “loose” feeling. I like riding like that though because I think it gives me more feedback so it didn’t bother me in the least.

I think you should take a shot at the taller tires. In a car I can see them paying huge dividends across ripples, etc. In essence they are adding some “suspension” to the tire. You may find you want to use a touch more rebound damping with them though. Just a touch.

Nice wheels by the way.

TMO Supporting Vendors