The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New White Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I just picked up this Boss last weekend with 135 miles on it and got a smoking deal. Some older gentleman bought the car Nov 1st and traded it on a Porsche Dec 14th. Crazy to me...Even has the track key activated.

013_zpsfa218ba8.jpg

So being that this was a used car I was wondering if the baffles were in the side pipes. I'm assuming from this picture the baffles were taken out??
The car isn't crazy loud, maybe a bit of drone at certain RPM's, but not unbearable. Hell, my wife didn't even say anything about noise..

025-2_zpsa5466e0b.jpg

Congratulations. Yes the discs have been removed and if you're looking for exhaust discs I know someone who can hook you up. ;) Check the classified section.

Any plans to take your Boss out on a road course and let it run wild?

NFSBOSS said:
Congratulations. Yes the discs have been removed and if you're looking for exhaust discs I know someone who can hook you up. ;) Check the classified section.

Any plans to take your Boss out on a road course and let it run wild?

Ok I will check those out. So how quiet is it with them blocked off?

Yes probably take it out to the track a few times, I have an M3 race car car that I track all the time.

That is a great deal if you got the Recaro package, even better if you got the floor mats and car cover. What are you going to do first with it? Hopefully you got a good interest rate. Even though she is really new, used car rates are usually a tick worse than new rates.

JTRATX said:
Ok I will check those out. So how quiet is it with them blocked off?

Yes probably take it out to the track a few times, I have an M3 race car car that I track all the time.
You won't block them off just use a smaller hole. The 3/4" are the most popular and offer a nice compromise between stock and wide open.

That's a pretty good deal IMO. Score!

NFSBOSS said:
You won't block them off just use a smaller hole. The 3/4" are the most popular and offer a nice compromise between stock and wide open.

That's a pretty good deal IMO. Score!

Ok good to know.

Darth Boss said:
That is a great deal if you got the Recaro package, even better if you got the floor mats and car cover. What are you going to do first with it? Hopefully you got a good interest rate. Even though she is really new, used car rates are usually a tick worse than new rates.

It came with recaro/torsen, floor mats, car cover and track key. Currently working on an oil catch can, front tow hook and a wire mesh to cover up the huge honey comb grills from large Texas bugs getting through!

GA
JTRATX said:
I just picked up this Boss last weekend with 135 miles on it and got a smoking deal. Some older gentleman bought the car Nov 1st and traded it on a Porsche Dec 14th. Crazy to me...Even has the track key activated.

Congrats! That is what I am hoping for, timing finding a rich guy that gets bored with the Boss when I have the money.

JTRATX said:
Ok good to know.

It came with recaro/torsen, floor mats, car cover and track key. Currently working on an oil catch can, front tow hook and a wire mesh to cover up the huge honey comb grills from large Texas bugs getting through!

Where in TX?

TMO Supporting Vendors