The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

New wing option for 11-14 S197, nine lives racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just a heads up 9livesracing.com announced on instagram yesterday that they are in the testing phase of their new 11-14 mustang mounts and they should be released soon. You can see pics on instagram, or check out their website to see all that they offer.

They are a pretty cool small company that makes functional aluminum wings for actual track cars. They also have done, and share the CFD test results of their wings and end plates.

You can choose the length of the wing, the width the mounts on the wing will be welded on at, different end plates, and you have the option for bottom mounts or swan neck/goose neck mounts.

I am not affiliated with nine lives racing at all. I am just excited people are seeing the 11-14 mustang as a common track car like the miata, S2000, E36 bmw's etc. etc. and are continuing to develop functional parts for the chassis.

Last edited:

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
It doesnt look like much DF. Am I reading that right? Great price tho...

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Actually I was just making a scatter plot when the power went out!! Happens here when it decides to rain!! Was rather surprized that the 9 lives "Wang" with 10 deg. AoA and a 1/2" Gurney flap falls on the same line as the Double wing APR wing..... When the lights come back on will check again.

US
Damn! That's nice performance then. More than I thought it would be. Looking forward to your calculations.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
upload_2019-5-30_23-57-6.png
Sorry, lost all of my graphing skills it appears... Down force as Y and mph as X. Three wangs with Gurney flaps of 1/2" and 1/4". All at 10 deg. angle of attack.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I know you're trying to compare 'apples to apples' but the APR double has more potential for use at lower speeds, IMO. The point of most interest for your use is the 495# at 80 mph...
gt-1000_cfd_01.png

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Lots more DF and tuning options...where you need it on a short course. The 120 and 160 mph data points are literally off the chart. ;)
upload_2019-5-30_23-57-6.png

The nice thing is that there should even be useful numbers in lower speed turns. Not much, but not ignorable levels like other setups.

TMO Supporting Vendors