The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

newbie going to Charlotte

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I plan on going to Charlotte and run my Boss, i dont track my car. it has 7500 miles on it. QUESTION do you guys think the stock pads will be ok for this one event? thanks for the input.

GA
I will be there too running on track on Friday. The minimum you should do is change the brake fluid to DOT 4. The pads will be a question of how hard you plan to drive it. They are supposed to check speeds depending on your experience level, so if you are beginner I think the top speed you are supposed to do is 100. I think the fastest they let you go is 120 unless your car is race-prepped. The course only has a couple of hard braking zones, otherwise you will be on the gas most of the time. If driving hard or more than one day bring a set of "get me home" pads.

Thanks for the advise,I will be running on Saturday, I gave them my info very little road course time not sure what class I will land in. But I will change out the brake fluid. Thanks again...hope to see you there!

GA
trickpony said:
Thanks for the advise,I will be running on Saturday, I gave them my info very little road course time not sure what class I will land in. But I will change out the brake fluid. Thanks again...hope to see you there!

They will probably put you in the beginner group then. There is no shame in that. At an event like this they are conservative and enforce rules a bit more. See you there!

PJWANNABE said:
I will be there too running on track on Friday. The minimum you should do is change the brake fluid to DOT 4. The pads will be a question of how hard you plan to drive it. They are supposed to check speeds depending on your experience level, so if you are beginner I think the top speed you are supposed to do is 100. I think the fastest they let you go is 120 unless your car is race-prepped. The course only has a couple of hard braking zones, otherwise you will be on the gas most of the time. If driving hard or more than one day bring a set of "get me home" pads.

I will also be there on Friday: A White 13 Boss in one of the garage slots ( not sure which one yet)

To the Moderator: sorry i started this post in the wrong spot, I will pay more attention in the future. I have a garage stall as well but I run on sat. I have a 2012 comp. orange Boss and i would love to check out your cars and see all your mods. Mine is still bone stock besides the t/k flash and cutouts. any of you guys going to use a GO-PRO? I sent an email to James Edwards about it {suction cup mounting} no reply yet.

TMO Supporting Vendors