The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Newbie looking to acquire a Boss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you can afford it buy the '12 and go have fun with your son.

Who knows what the future holds, yes there will be a better car in a year or two........ but the time with your son now is what is important.

You will not regret buying a Boss - they are truly some of the most fun cars you can imagine. Great aftermarket parts and great forums, too.

Oh, and don't forget that when the new GT350 comes out, it won't be cheap - Lord knows what the MSRP will be, not to mention dealer markups.

cloud9 said:
If the GT350 gets built, I highly doubt it will be a 2015. I have no basis other than Ford's recent history with the Mustang and GM's with the Vette and Camaro, but I would expect them to wait until at least 2016 before launching special editions. However, if it is a 2015 I'd wait for that, but get in line behind me :)

http://www.shelbyamerican.com/index.asp

Only 22 more days left to buy a GT350 from Shelby American. Makes me think the licensing deal switches to Ford!

They have to announce the 350, build it, ship it, you have to find one to test drive , then find one to buy, perhaps with ridiculous markups, wait 4 mos after ordering due to production delays, wait for the aftermarket parts to come on the scene, and for bloggers to post their results.... yadda yadda. This is all after the 2015 base models starts arriving NINE MONTHS FROM NOW. You could have 3 years of fun with your 2012 under your belt by then.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Fiddler49 said:
Probably because I saw more '70's Boss's than '69's growing up, I equated the Boss to the hockey stick stripe. I also like the GT 500 front end. So I went with the 2013. Ta each their own... 8)

That's because they made a crap-load more of the 70s version.

TMO Supporting Vendors