The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Newbie on track, track key question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McLeod RST not the RXT. Only use the RXT if your car is a dedicated track car. Good luck and welcome to TMO.

I would also suggest a clutch that has a sprung hub as this will be easier on the MT82 and contribute to better drivability in the long run. I have recently installed the Centerforce DYAD. It's way overkill as far as holding capacity, but it's really nice on the street. Completely fixed the lock out at high RPM and should last me a long time since I have no plans on ever adding a blower. The OEM clutch (or actually, pressure plate I should say) is the root cause of the lock out and all the clutch lines and shifters available will not fix lockout. Clutch lines and shifters do make a difference in improving the driving experience but you will still have the funky lock out at high rpm. As far as clutch lines, the Ford Performance one is the only one I know of that has no complaints of leaks over time. It pricier, but well worth it.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel