The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Newbie Suspension Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a 2013 Boss 302 that I bought used. It has a Pedders coil over set up that seems to work pretty well, for my skill level anyway. I am about to purchase some 11 inch wide wheels, havent decided on 18's or 19's yet. My concern is that the Pedders CC plates wont give me enough negative camber to make the wheels work. Has anybody had any experience with these coil overs. I searched this site and didnt see any dicussions for the S197 chassis. The previous owner gave me the stock shocks, struts and springs with the car. If the pedders wont work I could purchase handling springs for the stock set up and get some quality CC plates but I was hoping to keep the Pedders for ride height adjustment and corner balancing. If the Pedders will work with 11" wide wheels, will they also work with the Cortex Watts Link?

The car will be used primarily for AutoX this year. I hope to do a couple of HPDE events if time allows but prob wont focus to much on that until next year.

Thanks in advance for any help.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
I have a 2013 Boss 302 that I bought used. It has a Pedders coil over set up that seems to work pretty well, for my skill level anyway. I am about to purchase some 11 inch wide wheels, havent decided on 18's or 19's yet. My concern is that the Pedders CC plates wont give me enough negative camber to make the wheels work. Has anybody had any experience with these coil overs. I searched this site and didnt see any dicussions for the S197 chassis. The previous owner gave me the stock shocks, struts and springs with the car. If the pedders wont work I could purchase handling springs for the stock set up and get some quality CC plates but I was hoping to keep the Pedders for ride height adjustment and corner balancing. If the Pedders will work with 11" wide wheels, will they also work with the Cortex Watts Link?

The car will be used primarily for AutoX this year. I hope to do a couple of HPDE events if time allows but prob wont focus to much on that until next year.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at Apex's wheel fitment guide for the S197. That should cover questions for about 90% of all setups. It doesn't have something specifically for Pedders, but if you know the specs on the equipment then this will get you there.

The watts link will work with just about any setup so I wouldn't worry about that.

"The watts link will work with just about any setup so I wouldn't worry about that."

well..

So from what I gather, Pedders is an Australian company that is starting to make in roads here. I'm not familiar with any of their products because none have made the competition circuits, at least in any large numbers. The fact that they sell complete coil over shock sets for about $1,300 is a bit disconcerting though, since pretty much any quality coilover set will run you north of $5K, the king being Penskes at over $10K. In any case, I would definitely keep an eye on them, since most street coilovers need to be rebuilt about every 20K miles. It sounds like you have a nice car, from a good first owner, who was nice enough to give you all the stock parts, that's a huge plus, he most likely took good care of the car.
All that being said, 11 inch wheels can be tricky to get under those fenders, so the Apex guide will help you there.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel