The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

NEXT GEN TOW HOOK KITS ARE HERE!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
We just underwent a clean sheet redesign of our popular Front Tow Hook Kits! The only kit on the market that doesn't permenantly alter your painted bodywork or require welding and drilling just got better!!

While the first generation 05-14GT/V6/BOSS and 07-14 GT500 kits were great, they could stand for some improvements. The first gen design was developed on the 2010-12 front fascia, so it didn't quite look right on 13-14 cars. It was a long square tube structure that weighed too much, didn't package or ship well and mounted to the same spot as most every heat exchanger and oil cooler on the market does. It was also a bit sensitive to angular extractions. That was a compromise in strength verses weight. The GT500 version helped address all those issues, but wasn't quite there. The super-thick Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger sits too close to the back of the crash beam. It also introduced a new issue of too many parts that were hard to assemble. Both version suffered from the inability to be offset to clear obstructions in the bumper (mainly 05-09 bumper covers with a centered rib in the lower fascia opening).

So, we learned over the last 3 years and have come up with the pinacle of Tow Hook Kits! Our new Compact Modular Clamping design utilizes the crash beam as the attaching structure and does so with adding less than 1/8" front and rear to the crash beam. So you ton't need to cut much, if any, of the bumper foam and you don't need to worry about clearance with all of your heat mitigation equipment between the beam and the radiator. We also included engagement tabs to lock into the detents on top and bottom of the crash beam to control side movement. Those detent features are carried along the beam on 1.5" centers, so you can offset the tow hook left or right in 1.5" increments to avoid any bumper cover obstructions or license plates. We have also included an optional splitter strut mounting plate that will replace the Ford Racing bracket, just as the first version kit did, but in an optional bolt-in arrangement so you choose if you need it or not. Without the splitter mount, its just 5lbs! With, its still less than 6lbs.

The modularity also allows for multiple height positions for the tow loop and lends itself well to custom spacing options for a tailored fit for your vehicle. It will also allow us to easily market a rear version, as all the components are largely the same, aside from not needing the splitter mount. Those will be coming soon.

And with less parts, the kits are cheaper and easier to install. We even threw in the Loop Protector Strap with every kit!

-under 6lbs
-allows for centered and offset mounting
-works with all ranges of factory and aftermarket bumpers and heat management accessories
-utilizes the strong crash beam to allow high angular extractions
-includes an optional splitter strut mount
-includes a tow loop strap

What more could you want? They are in stock and ready to go! Order yours today, or come by for professional installation.

https://www.blowfishracing.com/tow-hooks/109-next-gen-2005-2014-mustang-gt500forced-induction-front-tow-hook-kit.html?live_configurator_token=0e674b5c286aa928ba7b7411173d79cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

519316b9-3c3f-4507-bf20-a2028d9435fb_zpsxgdvyfqa.jpg
IMG_3546_zpslxq7p9gd.jpg
IMG_3552_zpsurszy0mg.jpg

TMSBOSS said:
Steve

Glad I waited on your update to buy a tow hook.

Do you have any pictures of the hook installed with the bumper cover in place?

Here's one from the website:

next-gen-2005-2014-mustang-gt500forced-induction-front-tow-hook-kit.jpg

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
last week didn't work out anything like i planned. I still have the kit sitting on my cart waiting to go onto my car. i am hoping to get to it tomorrow. i will make sure to post up some pics of the install.

pufferfish said:
last week didn't work out anything like i planned. I still have the kit sitting on my cart waiting to go onto my car. i am hoping to get to it tomorrow. i will make sure to post up some pics of the install.

Dude, you had me at "no cutting up the painted bumper covers!" LOL

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Another fine BFR item soon to be on my Boss. Going to take off the old bracket since I have the new chin spoiler to put on as well and think this will tie in nicely.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Some pics of the install on my 11 Shelby... Fits great
image.jpg3_6.jpg
image.jpg1_12.jpg

With the spacer I thought it sat too low,so I took it out. Had to leave the longer bolts in cause you can't change them out without takin the front off again...my bad.

Steve, let us know once you finish the front splitter brackets as well, for the tow hook.
I may upgrade my old clam design to this, if the new one's lighter.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
Sarkis, The splitter support bracket is included with the kit 8) There is some marginal weight savings over the previous GT500 design...under 1lb. I am pretty sure I installed the splitter winglets with your kit, so you should be good to go.

Rick, I am still looking for a local '15 donor willing to let me pull the bumper cover. I just read that the gt350 will get a variant of the TR6060 that has a 3-bolt crossmember isolator arrangement like the MT82. I think i will have that trans covered for a shifter support....and its gonna need it! more torque and more rpm means more shifter misalignment. those stock shifter arm bushings are going to get worked to a floppy mess in a hurry!

Oh and Sarkis, The first batch of "Secret Hitch" weldments are going to the powdercoater on Monday. Should have the them ready by the end of the week and will want to coordinate with you for the install so I can get my instructions done. Y'all are going to like this new product! Stay tuned for a thread on that one.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york
Thanks Rick. No cutting of anything,fit great,except of course a littl section of the grill.The only mistake we made like I said was used the longer bolts with the spacer.i didn't like the look of the spacer so I took it out, but I couldn't switch the bolts,so they're hangin a littl low!
image_11.jpg
Before I took it out

pufferfish said:
Sarkis, The splitter support bracket is included with the kit 8) There is some marginal weight savings over the previous GT500 design...under 1lb. I am pretty sure I installed the splitter winglets with your kit, so you should be good to go.

Oh and Sarkis, The first batch of "Secret Hitch" weldments are going to the powdercoater on Monday. Should have the them ready by the end of the week and will want to coordinate with you for the install so I can get my instructions done. Y'all are going to like this new product! Stay tuned for a thread on that one.

Now that I think about it, I remember you installing the splitter bracket winglets as well.
Can't wait for the finished product and the install!

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
REAR TOW HOOK KITS ARE NOW IN STOCK!
The Next Gen Tow Hook Kits allows us to use a more modular design that was easily adapted to the rear configuration. Its basically an upside down front kit without the splitter mount or the spacer block. Because we now include the "BR" logo in the front clamshell half, we did have to create a new part so the logo wasn't upside down.

ONLY $179.99!

next-gen-2005-2014-mustang-rear-tow-hook-kit.jpg

https://www.blowfishracing.com/towing-hauling/11-next-gen-2005-2014-mustang-rear-tow-hook-kit.html?live_configurator_token=0e674b5c286aa928ba7b7411173d79cb&id_shop=1&id_employee=1&theme=&theme_font=

I got mine 98% of the way installed.

22265381623_fe06572a82_b.jpg

I ran into some issues along the way though with a broken bolt. Although no worries, I also broke a factory bolt for the LS splitter bracket. It looks like someone tried replacing that bolt with a different kind of bolt and also forgot to put in the 4th bolt along the way. You can see the differences between the 2 kinds of bolts used.

22265275163_a1405ed03a_b.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel