The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Next Shelby GT500 with AWD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
I found this article interesting and wondered if our new Shelby GT350 Owners found the same splined front hubs on their cars?

http://www.turnology.com/news/strong-rumor-the-next-shelby-gt500-could-it-be-an-awd-ecoboost-v6/

Let the Detroit HP Wars continue!
302 Hi Pro

PS: Sorry if I've missed a prior post on this.
2HP

This was posted before and old news. Below is a photo I took last August at the Monterey Historic races. While anything is possible I'll hold my excitement on this until we have more proof it's going to happen.

IMG_6158_zpsj7ha2eea.jpg

I agree with one of the comments to the article that its taken from the existing parts design. Strong enough for use on FWD/AWD but on the GT350 that also translates into strong enough to handle higher braking and cornering loads. Stock hubs on many cars are not up to the task of sustained loads from track duty especially when full R compound rubber is used. Not just on big heavy cars either, spec Miata /MX5 cup teams change hubs every season after experiencing failures.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel